Menu

Any good recipes using peanut butter or cream cheese...

I have a cream cheese potato soup recipe that's delicious! It's for the crockpot, but can easily be adapted for the stove top.

Five potatoes, peeled and diced

Onion, diced

One cup cooked ham (optional)

One package cream cheese, cubed

Three cups hot water

Garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste

All in the crockpot and cook on high for about four hours. As the cream cheese melts, stir it to incorporate and the results are a very creamy soup!

For the stove top, boil the potatoes and water until the potatoes are done to your liking then add everything else.

This is a Sunday dinner staple in the fall and winter in our house. We're having it today!

Jalepeno Poppers

jalepenos

cream cheese

bacon

--------

Take jalapenos and cut the ends off. Cut in half lengthwise. Core out with a peeler. Get all the veins and seeds out. If you really like it hot. leave a few seeds in! Stuff with cream cheese and wrap in a piece of bacon. I usually use half a piece of bacon per popper. Skewer with a toothpick. Bake on a baking sheet at 350 degrees. If I'm in a hurry, I pop the broiler on and get the bacon brown quick. You cook these until the bacon is cooked.

Creamy Baked Spinach

20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained

4 ounces cream cheese, softened

1 cup heavy cream

1/2 cup mushroom, chopped

1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated

1 tablespoon onion, minced

2 large eggs, beaten

1/4 teaspoon salt

pepper, to taste

1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Thaw and drain the spinach squeezing as much of the water out as possible. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese; then add the cream. Mix together until smooth. Stir in eggs. Next, stir in spinach, mushrooms, parmesan cheese, onion, salt and pepper until well combined. Transfer to a buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese. Bake 30-35 minutes until top is brown and knife may be inserted in the center and comes out clean.

Peanut Butter Pie

8 oz. cream cheese, softened

1 c. powdered sugar

1/2 c. peanut butter

8-12 oz. Cool Whip

In mixing bowl combine cream cheese and powdered sugar, add peanut butter. Fold in Cool Whip. Pour into pie crust, Cover with additional Cool Whip. Refrigerate until well chilled.

Pie Crust

1/2 c. butter, melted

sprinkle with salt

2 pinches sugar

1 c. flour

Combine all of the ingredients and press into pie pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.