Menu

Am I way behind or what???

We started school in August and I feel like we are so behind. I read all these posts and everyone seems to have it all together. For English, we are doing R&S 4 and we just completed Lesson 88 today and for Saxon 6/5 we just completed Lesson 87. We are actually almost finished with our science, but history has taken a back seat. I think I have let everyday life interfere one too many times and have taken one too many "sick days". Please tell me there is someone out there that is this far behind! I'm trying to make myself feel better...

We started school in August and I feel like we are so behind. I read all these posts and everyone seems to have it all together. For English, we are doing R&S 4 and we just completed Lesson 88 today and for Saxon 6/5 we just completed Lesson 87. We are actually almost finished with our science, but history has taken a back seat. I think I have let everyday life interfere one too many times and have taken one too many "sick days". Please tell me there is someone out there that is this far behind! I'm trying to make myself feel better...

We were never able to keep up with R&S or Saxon. Don't panic.

We're using Saxon 6/5 and are on lesson 25! Of course, we took a break from Saxon and focused on times tables and math games for 4 months! I wouldn't worry about being behind. I planned on using Saxon 6/5 for 2 years, then moving right into Saxon 8/7 because of the repitition. In fact, we will carry most of this year's schoolwork to next year. I don't feel like we are behind. Do you remember how much repitition is in public school? Everything was repeated so many times and I still didn't pick some things up at all. So, no, I don't worry when I "appear" to be behind! I relax and just teach the material. Some stuff ds learns fast, other stuff takes him forever. I've learned to go with the flow.

I am soooooooo behind. 6 weeks in boxes - and behind before that due to looking for house and just slacking in general because our life was hell. We have moved every 6 to 9 months for a few years now.

I am going to homeschool (ONE WORD) all summer.

I should have mentioned it took me two years to get through SOTW3 :tongue_smilie:

Hmmm, I'm not sure we ever did, now that you mentioned it. And the last time I looked at it was 3 years ago.

For the record, I purchased Sonlight core 6 a year ago, and started it right away. So far I think we are on week 12.

on our own schedule! We've let history slide as well as science. Dc do craft projects often for art, but no formal study. We listen to music regularly but no formal study. My dc are only about 3/4 of the way through Saxon and R&S. Ds9 has about 1/3 to go in GWG (he did start it late). Dd isn't even halfway through IEW's Anc. Hist. based writing lessons. DD11 is the only one nearing the end of her SWO book. I have a good excuse...new baby on the way and my brain has been focused on that. Once the baby comes (IF this baby ever comes! :)), I do hope to re-focus on some things and "catch up" to where *I* would like to be by the end of June. We school all year...so any other "catch up" work can be done over the summer at a more relaxed pace.

We started school in August and I feel like we are so behind.

This is the main reason we school year-round. I don't care much for schedule-keeping, and when I want a day off, gosh-darn it, I'm taking one.

We do keep plugging away at the work, but we certainly don't cover every subject every day.

It all evens out, and my guys are always on track. Their test scores are above average, and we are comfortable with the work load.

We are finishing up our 8th year, and each of us is happy with the progress they are making. Even if we're only on lesson 62 in R&S English. :D

in February I had major surgery, 4 weeks off from school work. In March, we had to get the house ready for selling, 4 weeks off from school. In April, we sold the house, and went house hunting in Europe, another two weeks off. In May we'll be packing and moving to Europe......I don't expect regular class time until June and my son needs to ready for private school in the fall. Yikes! He's missed most of sixth grade.

Well, it is definetly encouraging hearing that I am not the only one, even though many of you have way better reasons than I do. I *should* look at it as if we are on our own schedule. This might help instead of beating myself up all the time. Thanks guys!