Menu

My Kenmore Oasis is going to need replacing.....

I bought this canyon high capacity a few years ago but it has had its issues. It is beeping all the time now (no error message) so I suppose it is not going to work for much longer.

I do NOT want another electronic washer that will break way too often

I do NOT want another front load that will stink from mold.

I do want a huge machine that will take king size bedding. I want one that will last more than 3 years.

So, what is a good, solid, long lasting, great working, top load machine?

I had a Kenmore that I hated with every bone in my body. :glare: It was an absolute heap of rubbish!! We just bought a Maytag Elite front loader about seven months ago and I LOVE it!! None of the problems you described. I will NEVER buy another Kenmore product again. Nothing. Nada. Ever.

Diane W.

married for 22 years

homeschooling 3 kiddos for 16 years

My old front load was a moldy thing. If I recall correctly, it was one of the first affordable front loads for home use and it had some issues. We finally had to get rid of it. And, we had to rewash EVERYTHING to get the mold spores out. What a mess! But, our allergies did improve after that.

I love my Kenmore Elite HE top loader. But it won't fit a king size comforter and I'm not sure if they make one that size.

You should do some research to find out which company is the manufacturer of the Kenmore washer you own and avoid that product line too. It could be Whirlpool which also manufactures Maytag. I found out that it is mostly the same stuff with a different label. They may look a little different on the outside but the internal parts are all the same!!!

Also check to see where it was manufactured. Our washer was one of the last ones of the brand we bought that was manufactured in Germany. It's a work horse. They've since moved their factory to somewhere with less reliable product outcome.

Diane W.

married for 22 years

homeschooling 3 kiddos for 16 years