Menu

Your opnions on Christian Liberty Nature Readers K-5?

VBoulden

Please tell me about these books (and if you like them, what books in the series (K, 1, 2... etc.) do you have?)

I am thinking about purchasing one or more of these readers. One of them was recommended to me by someone else on the forum... but I'd like to get more opinions.

I can't see inside these books anywhere online and I can't stand it!!! :glare: So, I am calling for advice!!! :confused:

Do those of you have these books like them?

Do your kids really read them?

And what's the difference between one of these books and the others (besides the fact that the words used in them get more advanced?) The outsides look exactly the same... so do the books cover the exact same subjects year after year or do they differ on the inside?

I know I have a lot of questions, but I would appreciate any feedback!

Should I just get one or two of the books, the ones we think we will use this year? Or all they all good?

Thanks so much! ;)

Well, we have the K book and 1 book. I think the K book would be the most unique book of the set because it presents animals, etc. Alphabetically. While the others are stories. I had my first grader read hers last year. I think they are partioned pretty well as far as read aloud length for elementary students. We will use one of them this year for science, eventually. I say try a couple out first. I don't know how repetitive they are after the first two years though!

We love them! I own all of them. The K books is not a reader, but a read aloud that covers one animal for every letter of the alphabet. Books 1-5 cover varying topics about different animals. Each book has different topics. My ds enjoys reading them also, and I find them fun and educational at the same time. They are not overly colorful, but they do have one tone illustrations.

I'm glad you said that about the K books not being readers! I bought it last year for my kindergartener and he still couldn't read all of it this year at the beginning of first grade.

Are the rest of the books more like readers or also more for read aloud? (We really liked the K book for readers but would love to find more good non-fiction science related related readers for my first grader)

We love them! I own all of them. The K books is not a reader, but a read aloud that covers one animal for every letter of the alphabet. Books 1-5 cover varying topics about different animals. Each book has different topics. My ds enjoys reading them also, and I find them fun and educational at the same time. They are not overly colorful, but they do have one tone illustrations.

The rest are meant to be readers, but they are a bit tough for the grade level they say. My ds could not read the 1st grade one independently until about half way through first grade. I wouldn't worry about the numbers on the books and just read through them when he is ready. My ds is reading book 2 fine and he is in 2nd grade. They also contain vacabulary words and comprehension questions.

I like them a lot. My 4th grader does not like to read fiction, so these fit the bill nicely when it comes to reading something for school. We have levels K - 3. K I could live without since it's not a reader, and I find the levels for the other books to be very advanced. My ds read book 2 last year and is reading book 1 now. I think a level one book that starts out with the paragraph "Children, did you ever think about how much your mothers do for you? They give you good things to eat, clothes to wear, and help to make a pleasant home for you" is asking an awful lot of a beginning 1st grader. So we just use them for reading practice and pay no attention to the level or order. As non-fiction "stories" with a nature theme, they are truly one-of-a-kind.

Please tell me about these books (and if you like them, what books in the series (K, 1, 2... etc.) do you have?)

I am thinking about purchasing one or more of these readers. One of them was recommended to me by someone else on the forum... but I'd like to get more opinions.

I can't see inside these books anywhere online and I can't stand it!!! :glare: So, I am calling for advice!!! :confused:

Do those of you have these books like them?

Do your kids really read them?

And what's the difference between one of these books and the others (besides the fact that the words used in them get more advanced?) The outsides look exactly the same... so do the books cover the exact same subjects year after year or do they differ on the inside?

I know I have a lot of questions, but I would appreciate any feedback!

Should I just get one or two of the books, the ones we think we will use this year? Or all they all good?

Thanks so much! ;)

love--love--love them!!! Hurry....GO buy them! :auto:

Age appropriate reader, science, reading comprehension, and Godly lessons all in one..and they're inexpensive!

My kids have really enjoyed them. I would read the comprehension questions to them BEFORE they read the chapter, then we'd talk about it afterwards. Sometimes, I didn't know the answer to some of the questions and I'd have them read it, so I could find out the answer (me, acting VERY excited about wanting to know that...whatever it was ;)). They loved learning things I didn't even know and found it really fun to "educate" me! There are actually really inexpensive answer key booklets to those questions if you want them, too. The answers expand on the question a bit and come in handy if your kids can't find the answer or don't remember it.

These readers also work very well for teaching beginning narration. Also loved the Pathway Readers for this and having the kids read aloud to me.

Also, some of the pictures in the books are perfect to blow up for coloring pages and my kids quite often used them as guides for drawing in their nature notebooks (closeup drawings of flies, earthworms, spiders, dragonflies, etc.). The pictures could also be photocopied and glued onto nature book pages as well.

Anywaaay....in my opinion, they are worth every penny!

We also liked a little devotional book that goes super with them, called God's Amazing Creatures & Me! and we used this book through the years as well: Bible Animals (Bible Discovery Collection) :001_smile:

There is also a fairly new book out now that would be awesome as your kids got older, called Animals In The Bible Study Guide: Powerful Lessons From God's Amazing Creatures.(You can click on the green words to look at them.)

Blessings,

Denise

We love them here! We own them all and ds6 is working his way through them. My ds reads them at night in bed and tells me what he read about the next morning. I agree with the others that they are advanced for the grade level. I wouldn't start level one until the dc can read fluently unless you're doing buddy reading.