Menu

I have a great daughter~

Yesterday, my 17dd (and dh was in on it, too) announced that she had been sneaking around...She said that she wanted to bless me in some way, since I had been working so hard on her transcripts and application packages over the last month! She had spent her own money getting the two of us tickets to a Garrison Keillor performance! She listens to him on NPR, and knew all their names and such. It was amazing...we were on the 2nd row and 10 feet from the stage...it was a tremendous time together, one that I will always cherish. Because it was all her idea. :)

ETA...I really have 4 great daughters!

Yesterday, my 17dd (and dh was in on it, too) announced that she had been sneaking around...She said that she wanted to bless me in some way, since I had been working so hard on her transcripts and application packages over the last month! She had spent her own money getting the two of us tickets to a Garrison Keillor performance! She listens to him on NPR, and knew all their names and such. It was amazing...we were on the 2nd row and 10 feet from the stage...it was a tremendous time together, one that I will always cherish. Because it was all her idea. :)

ETA...I really have 4 great daughters!

Wonderful!!! You can bless her back by creating a collage of pictures from this night (hopefully someone had a camera) for her to take off to college with her! :) What a great memory!!!

Thanks everyone! Oh yes, the show was amazing. Mr. Keillor was the most incredible storyteller. He went from hysterical jokes and improvised skits to romantic sonnets to bluegrass tunes to gospel and back again. I couldn't believe the talent of the musicians. This was their *Summer Love* tour...so you can imagine all the topics that came up. But he still kept a high standard and allowed the audience to draw their own conclusions. ;) I kept telling myself that I was SO glad she was self-teaching in her Apologia Biology LOL. Just a marvelous time...even the onion rings and root beer that we had at midnight on the drive home. :)