Menu

OK, while I appreciate all these return address labels

I am pretty sure I am stocked for life already! I sent a few dollars to the March Of Dimes. I sent a few dollars for breast cancer.

But I can't single handedly help cure diabetes, help the homeless pets, and whatever else everyone and their mother is suddenly sending me donation envelopes (and return address labels) for.

What do they do, get on a fundraiser forum and post a thread titled, "Hey, everyone, come quick! I GOT ONE!" and then they list your address and everybody else sends off pleas for help (and return address labels), too?

What do they do, get on a fundraiser forum and post a thread titled, "Hey, everyone, come quick! I GOT ONE!" and then they list your address and everybody else sends off pleas for help (and return address labels), too?

It's not unlikely that at least some of them sell their address lists to other groups or buy lists from a distributor. Also, a lot of them use professional fundraising companies, who are then presumably also working with other organizations.

I don't feel at all obligated to pay for anything that I did not specifically request, btw. I also always tell anyone who calls that we do not respond to telephone solicitation. They are welcome to mail me information which will be evaluated along with all other requests. When they ask for my address, I tell them that since they were able to find my phone number without my help, I'm sure they can find my address the same way.

That must be what they do, because we've never donated to most of the places we get labels from! :) This morning DH asked for an envelope. I picked him out a special, manly label with a cute, fluffy kitten on it. He said it'd come back to bite me when all the ladies at work saw what a gentle soul he is. :D

I don't feel at all obligated to pay for anything that I did not specifically request, btw. I also always tell anyone who calls that we do not respond to telephone solicitation. They are welcome to mail me information which will be evaluated along with all other requests. When they ask for my address, I tell them that since they were able to find my phone number without my help, I'm sure they can find my address the same way.

I usually do the same thing. Then the PAL had the nerve to send me return envelope with a note stating that I had pledged a donation. While it was easy enough to ignore, the audacity ticked me off way more than the phone call had. I told them as much when they called back to find out why I hadn't sent my money in. :glare: