Menu

OK - I need a hug....

Leanna Tomlinson

The kids and I took dd#2 to school today. She and dd #1 will go to the same university; I already dropped off dd#1 on Tues for her campus job. Since I already went through this two years ago, and already dropped of dd#1, and they are only an hour away, I really thought I was going to be OK. I had a few weepy moments this week, but I was fine today during the move. Both dd's were excited to be in a nice dorm with big rooms. I'm excited about their classes and opportunities. Dd #2 was busy organizing her room. Dd #1 took us to meet her boss and tour a new campus building. We took the little kids to get ice cream. We drove home with ds 16 at the wheel. Dh got home from work early and put dinner on the grill. We were all happy.

Then.....we sat down at the dinner table with 2 empty chairs, and I lost it....

Can someone just tell me who, WHO?...is going to make my chocolate chip cookies?

I have several friends who are taking their oldest to college this week, and they are having a rough time. I got lucky and ds is going to college locally (but we had to go through all of the freshman adjustment with him...).

I have a feeling you are handling it much better than I would be!! ((Hugs)) and eat some chocolate for me.

I vote for the two younger dd's taking on the chocolate chip cookie task, then you will get cookies longer :)

Can someone just tell me who, WHO?...is going to make my chocolate chip cookies?

Maybe this is why I learned to make chocolate cookies at age 8? My 3 oldest sisters had all left for college and I was home alone w/ Mom & Dad. Well, my brother was there but back in those days boys did NOT bake.

:grouphug: I'll be there with you in a week. We went shopping today for dorm supplies. Drop-off day is next Saturday.

Carole

I hear you, dear.

I've warned the entire household, including the dog and the cat, that I will be weepy, irritable, depressed and a slog for the next few days, until I adjust to ds being away.

As it is, he can't go tomorrow b/c he didn't get his electricity turned on--and part of me is really pretty ok with that! lol

Do you want to hear something so precious!?!

Ds 12 just presented me with blueberry cobbler he made himself.

I'm putting chocolate chip cookies on his assignment sheet next week. :)

Very yummy! My daughter also recently made blueberry cobbler for the first time. We'll have to get her working on chocolate chips the next time she's home. I don't think there's time for a cooking lesson before she leaves tomorrow morning!

Regards,

Kareni

:grouphug:

I dropped DS off at UNC CH Friday but last year he went overseas for a gap year so 60 miles away seems like nothing.

BUT next Sunday, DD leaves for her gap year, 9 months, in Israel. That's going to be hard. My only daughter. Like you say, who will make brownies?

Ruth in NC, tearing up already