Menu

Crock pot Lasagna, has any one ever made this?

Does anyone have a recipe for lasagna in the crock pot?

Have you made it before and did it turn out OK?

Any tips on making it?

I really fancy some lasagna, but living in a metal box in the middle of a Florida summer, but I just don't want to turn the oven on for that long.

I do! I tweak the recipe in Fix It and Forget It Lightly cookbook. It's meatless which is a change from our regular, heavier lasagna recipe.

4 1/2 c fat-free, low-sodium meatless spaghetti sauce (I use jarred or homemade)

1/2 c water

16 oz fat-free ricotta (I use the part-skim type)

2 c shredded part-skim mozzarella, divided

3/4 c grated Parmesan cheese, divided (I don't always use Parmesan, so I adjust the other cheeses as needed)

1 egg

2 tsp minced garlic

1 tsp Italian seasoning (I use 1 tsp basil and 1 tsp oregano)

8oz box no-cook lasagna noodles

Mix sauce and water in a bowl.

In a separate bow, mix ricotta, 1 1/2 c mozzarella, 1/2 c Parmesan, egg, garlic and seasoning.

Spread 1/4 of sauce mixture in bottom of slow cooker. Top with 1/3 of noodles, breaking if needed to fit.

Spread with 1/3 of cheese mixture, making sure noodles are covered.

Repeat layers twice more.

Spread with remaining sauce.

Cover. Cook on low 5 hours.

Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Cover. Let stand 10 minutes to allow cheeses to melt.

I made this one. We all thought it was delish. I guess I did tweak it a tiny bit by adding a little more spice, like Ital seasoning to the cottage cheese mixture, and some garlic powder (but I pretty much add that to everything).

It made a very large pot (my 4 or 5q crock pot full) so we ate it for 2 nights. Will do it again.

And yes, I did use the whole wheat lasagna noodle, even though we don't normally like ww pasta. We never knew it was ww. My kids gobbled it, spinach and all.:tongue_smilie:

Next time I will probably skip the chicken. It didn't add anything to it, and wouldn't be missed. I'm always looking for meatless options and this would be an easy one to skip the chicken.

I double up the noodles. Putting a double layer of uncooked, regular (not the oven-ready variety) lasagna noodles for every noodle layer.

I feed a small army here so my measurements may be bigger than what you need, but:

2 cans spaghetti sauce + 1 can water

2# meat (generally some combo of turkey burger/turkey sausage/ground chuck)

1 small container ricotta (what is that 8oz? I forget)

2 eggs

and some shredded mozarella ... I have no idea how much, especially since the kids have been making it lately, I have lost all concept

Heat sauce and water in a pan. Brown meat and drain. Mix ricotta with beaten eggs.

Start with a spoonful of sauce on the bottom of the crock, then start layering with noodles. Ending with noodles and a good covering of sauce. Cook on low for about 4 hr.