Menu

Weight Loss Help Nutrisystem Weight Watchers.

I need to lose 30 to 40 pounds within 3 months. Is this goal really feasible? I am thinking of doing Weight Watchers or Nutrisystem what are the pros and cons good and bad. What about the Body Bugg? I just started the biggest loser on the Wii. I would love a virtual workout or weight loss buddy so we can keep each other accountable. Please share any tips or ideas you have. I am desperate to jump start my weight loss. I drink lots of water every day. Anything you can think of please share. I tend to carry weight in my hips, arms, and buttock area if that matters. Thanks in advance. Susan

I need to lose 30 to 40 pounds within 3 months. Is this goal really feasible? I am thinking of doing Weight Watchers or Nutrisystem what are the pros and cons good and bad. What about the Body Bugg? I just started the biggest loser on the Wii. I would love a virtual workout or weight loss buddy so we can keep each other accountable. Please share any tips or ideas you have. I am desperate to jump start my weight loss. I drink lots of water every day. Anything you can think of please share. I tend to carry weight in my hips, arms, and buttock area if that matters. Thanks in advance. Susan

Most "diet systems" will say a safe amount to lose is 1-2 pounds a week. Usually you can lose up to 10 pounds the first week on a new diet so maybe the 30 is possible. Well, actually more can be possible, just not healthy :)

I have lost 55 pounds in a year with 50 left to go. All I do is count calories. I hit many plateaus, but that is what my body always does. Most people dont hit as many as I.

Eat as healthy as you can. Up your fruit and veggie and lower fat and carb intake. I eat whatever I want in moderation so I stay on track. I am all about drinking green smoothies and only drinking water (except one cup of coffee to get me going) I am low on sugary and processed foods.

I have done every exercise program known to man. I have researched a ton also. Cardio is vital for your health but the best way to get rid of fat and gain muscle at the same time is to do weighlifting. I think they recommend 20 mins three times a week. There is a book called the new womens guide to weighlifting or something like that, you can also Google some moves. They say that lifting makes you burn more calories longer. Contrary to popular belief you will not get weird muscles and all that jazz from heavy lifting 3 times a week. This is how you will see the fastest results in your body. I just started the lifting and 30 day shred abotu 2 weeks ago and I can tell a difference.

I do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and have seen major improvement in my body in just 2 weeks. My pants are looser. It takes off inches if you stick with it.

ETA- I have done WW and not nutrisystem. WW worked for me but it was too time consuming to calculate points. I simply count cals now and thats all I have to worry about. I use www.caloreicount.com Many people love WW for the meetings if you need accountability. But I like that you can eat real, normal food on the diet and the switch to maintenance would be easy

Edited by kwickimom

I have about 30lbs to lose and I just joined Nutrisystem because I really don't have the energy to plan, count and keep track of food right now. My dh and I both joined (usually I have to diet for both of us-and I hate it!) so all I have to do is go to the box and pick something. I will admit that the food is not wonderful- but I have found only one barf-worthy meal:lol: and the NS site has a community that offers recipe "help". You do have to add into your diet protein, milk, veggies, and fruit. I have only been on since last Wednesday and have lost over 4lbs and I am not at all hungry. I have been on WW before and even made goal, but at this point I wanted to lose the weight and hopefully get the motivation that I have not been able to find thus far.

If you have the energy to put into WW it is a good program and if you are committed it is a lifestyle change. I will probably return to WW when I go on maintenance with NS.

I really need to start some kind of exercise. I have been doing a lot of gardening and yard work...I keep telling myself that it counts as exercise:tongue_smilie:!

I do WW online. It's convenient and I keep the WW screen up on my computer all day. I lost 5lb. the first week, and about .5 to 1.5 lbs. a week since, about 9lbs so far. Whenever I try to do more than that it backfires on me, so I have (mostly) learned to be patient. My sister and her dh tried Nutrisystem and both lasted for 3 days. They hated the food with a passion, and both said it was the worst food they ever tried. Sparkpeople is a good free website if you want to count calories instead. I've done that, but I think points are easier to count than calories. Whatever method you choose, I think the most important thing you can do is plan what you will eat every day. If it is left to chance things fall apart for me. Good luck!

I have another question. I just joined WW today. Is the Smart Ones Frozen meals ok as far the amount of sodium. I have tasted one of the meals today and I can say that it did taste good. I am also going to be eating Progresso Soup for lunch with the WW point values on the can. I felt so ashamed when I weighted in today. I am the same size I was back in 2007 when I was six months pregnant with my 3rd child. I am tired of being embrassed and I don't want to be in any of my family photos. Please pray for me. I will be praying for all of you too. I am doing a big lifestyle change and it is going to take some adjustment. Thanks Susan

susan, in my opinion, Smart Ones are good for "once in a while" but if you eat them every single day, I think the sodium content will affect your weight loss. If you sort of obsess over what the scale's going to say on weigh in day, definitely don't eat them within a few days of weigh in lol.

To the OP, most weight loss plans require you to either eat bland, pre-packaged food, take some sort of "pill" that can have bad side effects, replace meals with liquid shakes, or cut out entire food groups.

I don't approve of any of those things!

Weight Watchers, on the other hand, is all about making healthy choices, eating a balanced diet, and portion control. It's a GREAT program. It's healthy, it's safe, it's reputable, it's effective.

And with that said, I REALLY need to get back to it. My husband wants to lose weight, too. I told him we're starting back on WW September 1st. Wish me luck, getting motivated to get started is the.hardest.part.

Is the Smart Ones Frozen meals ok as far the amount of sodium.
I don't know about the sodium content but I have tasted Amy's and Kashi meals and they are pretty good and they are often recommended on the NS boards because they are generally more healthy than the alternatives. I think the Progresso is a great idea while you get things under control.

I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I have avoided having photos taken for at least a year. I joke with my dh that I need to have my jaw wired shut- I am just so SICK of this weight loss roller coaster.

Congratulations on joining WW! You can do it!!

I have another question. I just joined WW today. Is the Smart Ones Frozen meals ok as far the amount of sodium. I have tasted one of the meals today and I can say that it did taste good. I am also going to be eating Progresso Soup for lunch with the WW point values on the can. I felt so ashamed when I weighted in today. I am the same size I was back in 2007 when I was six months pregnant with my 3rd child. I am tired of being embrassed and I don't want to be in any of my family photos. Please pray for me. I will be praying for all of you too. I am doing a big lifestyle change and it is going to take some adjustment. Thanks Susan

Hi Susan,

I had one more suggestion for you. I lost 20 lbs on WW and am a lifetime member now. It really works.

For diners I used e-mealz.com meal planning service. It runs around $1.50 per week for 7 recipes and a grocery list. The recipes are super easy - mostly 5 ingredients or less. They have a points version so you don't have to bother calculating points for your dinner since they are listed on the menu plan. I used the Walmart points plan and we had leftovers many days which I used the following day for lunch.

My other favorite lunch is Morning Star burger, (mushroom lovers is good) with tomato, lettuce, non-fat mayo on a sandwich thins, (round bread in deli section). Total of 3 points and is very filling.

Good luck!

Edited by Ferdie