Menu

motion sickness and flying

We are leaving for Disney on Sunday and will be flying. I am very anxious about flying and also get motion sickness. My doctor gave me a prescription for Lorazepam but I forgot to ask her if I could take it with Dramamine. I was thinking about taking it with the non-drowsy type or taking Bonine since I've heard that makes you less drowsy. Has anyone taken that combination before? My doctor isn't in tomorrow so I can't call her.

I'd ask the pharmacist. They really do know their stuff wrt drug interactions etc. So when you're getting scrip filled, ask them. Even if you're already filled it, you can ask them questions later.

:iagree: I have pretty severe motion sickness and dramamine is the only thing I've found to work well for me.

I posted recently about Sea Bandz. They look like sweat bands that you wear on your wrists, and they have a plastic piece that pushes on a pressure point, preventing nausea from motion sickness. Because they do not contain any type of drug, they would not conflict with whatever you take.

I bought them specifically for flying, and I did not get sick.

I first found these three years ago. It's nothing short of a miracle. I used to throw up everywhere. I still throw up sometimes (Barf Queen!), but it's not from motion sickness anymore. :) I carry them in my purse just in case I feel that twinge.