Menu

I'm contemplating making the jump from R&S grammar to AG. Have any of you done so?

and I presume JAG is Junior Analytical Grammar? But don't hold me to that one.

We tried R&S briefly in 5th grade, but DD hated it and fought me every step. When I found AG, I decided to try it and really liked it. DD is now in 9th and has a very firm grasp of grammar, so I'm happy with the result. I can't say she liked AG, but she did grasp the concept of "only a few weeks a year of study, then just review EOW," which seemed to make it worth her while.:tongue_smilie:

I will also say that she actually decided to read Mark Twain after reading the excerpt in the book, so we sneaked a little lit in there too.

My understanding is that AG doesn't want you to reproduce, but buy one workbook for each kid. At the end they do wind up with a quick reference guide to grammar - you rip out the completed workbook pages and are left with the explanation to refer to in the future. Having said that it is apparently now in a binder so the temptation to buy one and copy for other kids would be...strong.

Sara

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Has it been a difficult transition?

I've heard so many wonderful things about AG, so I'm ready to give it a whirl.

Also, are their worksheets reproducible?

Thanks, y'all! :)

No, and it says so at the bottom of each page.