Menu

Question about ETC

I am going to start this with my ds along with phonics pathways. There are books and there are 1/2 books that say they are extra practice. Are these set up so you do book 1 then 1 1/2 then 2 then 2 1/2 or are the half books there for extra practice only if you dc needs it after the frist book? Example. If my ds does excellent with book 1, is book 1 1/2 still recommended or would we move on to book 2? I am asking because if it is recommended to go through all full and 1/2 levels I want to order that way, but if its for extra help in understanding then I am going to wait and see. Thanks!

We never used the 1/2 books. I bought 1 1/2 when DD was starting, but it just never got used (aside from DS scribbling in it....).We have found there to be enough practice in the whole number books, but I imagine you could just order the 1/2 book if there is a concept that needs more reinforcement.

Nothing "new" to add, but just in agreement. We have only needed the whole number books for now. We are in book 7.

My second dd is taking a bit longer to absorb the phonics, so she might end up needing to review with half book.

Often I have found that a break from ETC and a dive into something else for a bit does the trick to review without the additional workbook.

Good luck!

Mary