Menu

Have you signed up for the Million Minute Family Challenge?

http://www.millionminute.com/

I participated last year and at the end, they even sent us a free game for participating :) Check it out!

(And for those of you who hate clicking links without having an idea of what that link is, here's a summary from the website)

September 1 - December 31, 2010

Registration for the 2010 Million Minute Family Challenge™ has begun. Participation is easy:

1) Get together a group of friends or family that will commit to playing a non-electronic game at least 20 minutes sometime from September through December.

2) Sign up on this website to receive your free organizer kit by mail.

3) After you play games, come back to this website and log your minutes of game play.

Every minute your group plays and logs contributes to our goal of reaching 1 million minutes of game play across the United States and Canada before December 31, 2010! We know people enjoy the entertainment and education value of non-electronic games and here is your chance to prove just how popular they are!

The Million Minute Family Challenge provides a simple, but fun way for family and friends to enjoy the benefits of board games and card games. Learn about the many benefits. Read what others have to say about participating in the Million Minute Family Challenge.

View the results/highlights of the 2009 Million Minute Family Challenge.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

-Plato, Greek philosopher

...so, sign up now, and mark your calendars for 9/1 so you can start logging those minutes! :)

Edited by NanceXToo

I just sent out an email to make a team!

We are lousy about playing games here. With only one, when he wants to play a game, I'm the one stuck playing it with him usually. But it's getting better now that we have moved past the days of Shoot (me now please!) and Ladders and Candy (so not dandy!)Land.

Hopefully this will spur us into more game play.

I'm waiting on the day he can really play rummy with me!

Somebody should organize a WTM team! I bet the minutes would be huge!

On the sing up sheet it even asked "Do you homeschool?". I thought that was pretty cool. It didn't ask about other types of school, just homeschooling.

Wow, yeah, a WTM team would be pretty cool!!! I already signed up as a family but I like that idea. Whoever organizes could post the user name and password so that other WTM'ers could log in to post their minutes.

Of course, the problem with that is that they send out a free game at the end as I'd mentioned and they'd only send it to whoever is listed as the organizer. Whereas if you all sign up for your own families, you'll all get a free game. (I'm assuming, anyway! That's what they did last year, sending me a "Buzzword Bits" game. This will be my second year participating).