Menu

The Well-Trained Mind--which edition?

ereks mom

I have a soft spot for the first. It's also the best reference if PHP products don't work for a particular child.

That said, I love the changes that were made in the logic & rhetoric stages for the newest edition, and it's definitely become my go-to. It has the added bonus of not having so many out of print resources. If I had to choose just ONE to keep forever and ever, I'd have to go with the newest, but I'd be so sad to say good-bye to my first edition.

I loved the first but only read the library's copy of it. I finally bought my own copy of the second edition which is now marked up and well-loved. I have read parts of the newest edition and might get it next year or the year after for the logic and updated highschool stuff.

So I guess I love the second because I believe I should "love the one I'm with."

I'm a fan of the 3rd ed. too. I do have a sentimental attachment to the first edition as it was the first one I read and it really encouraged me that I could do this thing called homeschooling! I gave away my copy ages ago. I like the recent one b/c it has the most up to date resources and (to my mind) more thorough logic stage info.