Menu

Good, inexpensive Bible curriculum for K/1?

Mommy22alyns

I'm looking for a light, fun, and easy Bible curriculum for Becca. Right now I'm planning most of her work to be done on a first grade level, but I want to keep her Bible work light. She's done a little bit, just simple verse memorization and such, since she's been to a Christian preschool. Any suggestions, please?

This has been a hit at my house this year with my 2nd grade dd. We chose to do the Life of Jesus. One day we read the story out of the Bible and another day we read it out of a children's bible and we review on the third day. She loves being able to draw a picture to go with the story. It's working here and rather inexpensive! Here is the link:

Bible Scribe

We have used CLP over the years and have really enjoyed it. We add in the catechism but you wouldn't have to do this. Rainbow Resource and Christian Book distributors carry it or you can get it from their website. They ship very fast. I just purchased something from them last week and got it quickly.

HTH,

Penny

http://ebiz.netopia.com/clpress/

The Bible Study Guide. All you have to use is the appropriate student pages. They stand alone. You read the actual bible verses from your bible, then you go over each picture and do the appropriate age activity. The student pages do stand alone if you feel the bible reading would be a bit much. I guess it depends on the child. I also love that there is review and application. I can't say enough about this find.

check it out at biblestudyguide.com

Remember all you need is the student pages and those are 5.95 each set. Each set comes with 25 lessons. I only ordered the first two sets to try it out and it has become a hit.

Blessings!!!

Dee

We use Leading Little Ones to God and I'm very happy with it. Each lesson has a reading, a few questions about the reading, a Bible verse, Bible reading, hymn, and prayer. There is also a list of memory verses for each section of the book. My K'er really enjoys it.

The Bible Study Guide. All you have to use is the appropriate student pages. They stand alone. You read the actual bible verses from your bible, then you go over each picture and do the appropriate age activity. The student pages do stand alone if you feel the bible reading would be a bit much. I guess it depends on the child. I also love that there is review and application. I can't say enough about this find.

Remember all you need is the student pages and those are 5.95 each set. Each set comes with 25 lessons. I only ordered the first two sets to try it out and it has become a hit.

Blessings!!!

Dee

We love this. I actually use the I.G., I have gotten the student pages, but for me, find the IG more helpful.

Kristine

Can I recommend....

Blessings!!!

Dee

Wow, I just checked this out & it's awesome. Thanks!!!

Adventures With God was a great book that we found at a Christian bookstore. It went through the alphabet with verse memory work and simple activities to do to reinforce the concept that was taught about God and who He is. Sorry I don't have the author's name - that's the book I tend to loan out the most and someone has it now!

Julie