Menu

Any one use Fulbright's astronomy notebooking journal

3and3

I have been looking through Exploring creation with Astronomy for the fall. I am wondering if the notebooking Journal would be worth it to me. I am not very good at coming up with fun ideas for notebooking. I am hoping the journal would help with that. Any suggestions?

TIA

Jenny

Anyone else have any experience with this?

Thanks

We used it this year and loved it. Of course the free ones on her site are nice, and there are some GREAT free notebooking thingys at the notebooking2learn yahoo group too. Next time if i do this course again, i think i will just use the free stuff at notebooking2learn.

Edited by catholicmommy
Added link

and she loves it! We started the book about 6 months ago, without the notebook, and she was not retaining anything. I'm just not very good at coming up with notebooking ideas and such. So when I saw the notebook, I thought I would give it a shot. We started the book all over again, and now she says she LOVES science! She even brings up some of the stuff she has learned at other times in the day, so I know it's working.

Although, it depends on your childs personality. My 5th grade son was also working on the same book, and he detested the notebook. He doesn't really like to do art-sy type of stuff. He asked if he could just write a report or something instead of the notebook stuff. This coming from a boy who hates writing. So I put his notebook aside and will save it for one of the other kids coming up the line.

Good luck!

Hot Lava Mama

and she loves it! We started the book about 6 months ago, without the notebook, and she was not retaining anything. I'm just not very good at coming up with notebooking ideas and such. So when I saw the notebook, I thought I would give it a shot. We started the book all over again, and now she says she LOVES science! She even brings up some of the stuff she has learned at other times in the day, so I know it's working.

Although, it depends on your childs personality. My 5th grade son was also working on the same book, and he detested the notebook. He doesn't really like to do art-sy type of stuff. He asked if he could just write a report or something instead of the notebook stuff. This coming from a boy who hates writing. So I put his notebook aside and will save it for one of the other kids coming up the line.

Good luck!

Hot Lava Mama

THANKS! My girls are artsy. So I think I will give it a try.

We used it last semester with my (then) 2nd grade son. If I had to do it over again, I would have not bought it. My son is not "into" lapbooking, and it irks me to have pages in the notebook that we chose not to do. He did like the crosswords, though. Hope this helps.

In fact I'm waiting for the Swimming Creatures one to come out before I start Science! My kids are not overly crafty so it was just enough for them. There were some extra activities/experiments and reading selections that were not included in the text, there's a schedule in the front and it REALLY reduced the amount of creative energy I had to put into Science this year. We did almost all the pages, we added pictures of them doing the experiments, we decorated some pages up with sparkle glue. It was fun and because it was all there, we did it. They love to look at their finished notebooks!

So that is my very biased opinion :D

I pre-ordered the Zoology 2 notebook at Christian Book Distributors. The expected date for it to be released is August 15th. It was due out earlier, but got pushed back. I am going to wait for it. I have done lapbooks for Zoology 1 and 2. I look forward to having everything we need already printed and ready to use.

Suzanne

I pre-ordered the Zoology 2 notebook at Christian Book Distributors. The expected date for it to be released is August 15th. It was due out earlier, but got pushed back. I am going to wait for it. I have done lapbooks for Zoology 1 and 2. I look forward to having everything we need already printed and ready to use.

Suzanne

I was planning to start Zoology 2 on August 2nd. However, now I'm thinking I'll wait until the notebook is out. I wonder if CBDs date is accurate? I hope so! We're moving to AK in December and will be without our household goods for several months, so I can't really afford to wait any later than mid-August to start. lol.