Menu

Everyday Graces

hsm6kids

I don't remember much about this book, but I remember getting it out of the library. At the time I remember thinking it was not nearly as good as the William Bennett books for kids...

Child's book of Virtues, Child's book of Faith, Child's book of Heroes...

I liked the stories and the illustrations in those books much better.

You could see if your library has any of them before buying .

Our local Barnes and Noble will order the book into our local store for us to view before we decide to buy. Maybe that would be a good way to view it before actually purchasing it.

I do have the book, but have yet to use it all. Some days I remember to pull it off the shelf and read some, but when I bought it my DD was too young for it (pre-k) and now I often forget about it.

I purchased Everyday Graces for 1st grade as well. I'm happy that I have it in my library, yet we have not used it yet. I think it depends on your dc's attention span and interests. It's filled with great stories, but they were a bit too long for my dc. My dc are still fans of books with pictures.

Try and look for an online sample. I'm pretty sure that I purchased ours from Amazon at a reasonable price.

We have it, and use it as a bedtime story read aloud mostly. I do really like it, but it has very few illustrations so a child who still needs these probably wouldn't like it as much as the Bennett books for kids (which my library carries all of, by the way, so check yours if you're interested in them). It is excerpts of many different things, which has led us to read the entire book a couple of times. I found it for the best price at Amazon new, but it is a sturdy hardback so you probably could get it used for a better price on half.com, alibris, or Amazon.

I originally ordered it a couple years earlier and it came damanged so I sent it back; however, I quickly realized it was too much for my dd's age at the time (I think she was 5) so I just got a refund. When we started it, she was in mid-first grade and it was a good fit then.

Maybe I'll incorporated it for 2nd grade manners...that's a good idea, because we're going pretty slowly with bedtime reading.

I love this resource.

This is the first year we are using it consistently, though-

and that is because I included it in our "morning meeting" time which we have at the breakfast table every morning.

When we use it at the breakfast table- the little ones can sit through- while eating...

HTH,

Rebecca