Menu

WA state friends: Columbia Virtual Academy questions....

Since I have you all here... I have a question to ask. I have LOADS of additional readers picked out for SOTW (Ancient Egypt, China, Science in Ancient Rome, etc) grammar (Ruth Heller, etc), as well as just reader books like Summer of the Swans, Island of Blue Dolphins. Does CVA typically pay for these things? Do any of you order these kinds of books through them? Have you ever been able to check them out of the CVA library? I am concerned about being able to find some of these titles at our local library, and having to wait on them through mail order. Thanks for any information.

I was able to get some of the books I requested from their library last year. I had to send my list of books I wanted to my AT and then he checked if they were available. It sounds nice with the new system if everything is online so you can see for yourself. The ones that they didn't have they paid for. The nice thing about using their library is that you only pay for shipping (from your allocation). The drawback is though that they are all assets so you do have to send them back. However, there have been some books that we wanted to keep to use this year and we were allowed to do that. In the handbook it says that they charge you a percentage to keep them but this is only our 2nd year so maybe someone has been with the program longer can chime in and say if that is true or not.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I

Also... regarding swimming lessons. Ours are only available June - August (no inside pool). Will they pay for those, or does it have to be only CBI's during the 36 week school term??

This year they only paid for lessons until July 23rd.

I know it's supposed to change a bit this year, but are they planning on being sticklers about the $1200 or $1500 per child? Between the CBI's I use for my kids (Piano, gymnastics, possibly swim lessons... I could eat up one child's funds with just the activities. I know some of you are just using CVA to have them pay for the CBI's, so that must mean that there is a definite limit to how much they will pay?? This being our first year, we don't have ANYTHING and some of the things I would be buying this year would work for more than one year, or for more than one child down the road... so it a lot UP FRONT and I am curious how it's going to go.

I am thinking they will probably be sticklers. Before the policy was that if it is your first year you could only have access to half of your allocation at once anyway. Then you could access the second half after the new year. Last year I wanted to order a LA program for my kids but it would have caused me to go over my allocation. They gave me the opportunity to purchase it myself and then send it in for reimbursement after the new year or I could have had them pay for some of it then and purchase the rest later. You don't have to buy all your curriculum at the begining of the year.

Even if they don't have the allocation model anymore I can't imagine that they would let us go all out especially on stuff like CBIs.

I am thinking they will probably be sticklers. Before the policy was that if it is your first year you could only have access to half of your allocation at once anyway. Then you could access the second half after the new year. Last year I wanted to order a LA program for my kids but it would have caused me to go over my allocation. They gave me the opportunity to purchase it myself and then send it in for reimbursement after the new year or I could have had them pay for some of it then and purchase the rest later. You don't have to buy all your curriculum at the begining of the year.

Even if they don't have the allocation model anymore I can't imagine that they would let us go all out especially on stuff like CBIs.

That seems a bit odd, considering most of my curriculum is geared towards a whole year. Things like SOTW, MCT, Spelling Workbooks, Math, all come as one item (or set of items) to be used for the complete year. I can break my science down to two semesters, and maybe some of the readers, but that is about it. Also, the CBI things are paid for monthly... so I guess I will have to see. There must be SOME reason why everyone is jumping through these hoops with all the waiting and the paperwork, so I am just hoping it's all worth it. Thanks!

That seems a bit odd, considering most of my curriculum is geared towards a whole year. Things like SOTW, MCT, Spelling Workbooks, Math, all come as one item (or set of items) to be used for the complete year. I can break my science down to two semesters, and maybe some of the readers, but that is about it. Also, the CBI things are paid for monthly... so I guess I will have to see. There must be SOME reason why everyone is jumping through these hoops with all the waiting and the paperwork, so I am just hoping it's all worth it. Thanks!

I spoke with CVA today and was told that it will probably not work this way this year (only having access to half of the allocation). Also it sounded like everything would run like last year with vendor orders and such. She said that the only real change was that the things from their library would be easier to access and that they would be tracking the allocations internally. How I understood it was that one should probably still stick to the $1200 per child but they understand that some students are going to be exceeding that and some will be under that. The example that was given was that high schoolers will likely have more expensive curriculum needs than a Kindergartener. That sounds reasonable.

I spoke with CVA today and was told that it will probably not work this way this year (only having access to half of the allocation). Also it sounded like everything would run like last year with vendor orders and such. She said that the only real change was that the things from their library would be easier to access and that they would be tracking the allocations internally. How I understood it was that one should probably still stick to the $1200 per child but they understand that some students are going to be exceeding that and some will be under that. The example that was given was that high schoolers will likely have more expensive curriculum needs than a Kindergartener. That sounds reasonable.

In regards to the library being easier to access I think that in turn will up our responsibility to return assets back to CVA. I have assets that I purchased last year that I don't intend on returning as long as we are with the program, ie. a microscope. It sounds as if now you order for example a 5th grade math book you would need to return it when you were completed. In the past I would have been able to save that book for my other child who would be using it very soon. In that situation you would be having to "purchase" the book on more than one occasion. That seems to me a huge waste of resources on materials that one family could use several times over the course of a year. I understand that theoretically you could then request that book from the library, but at that point you would have already had to pay shipping both directions.

At this point we're definitely going to stick it out and make the best of our CBI's. I will happily purchase our curriculum and know that I can resell it when we are no longer in need of it.

I hadn't even THOUGHT to get the info from the scope & sequence in each book.. Now I just need to GET A TEACHER and WRITE A SLP in a couple of days.

SLPs are usually due mid-September. Until then, they assume you are using their basic grade-level templates.

I have no idea what an SLP consists of. Does anyone feel comfortable sharing more details -- perhaps via email?

PM me your email and I'll send you a couple of classes worth of examples.

For instance, I didn't realize I needed to cover 'Social Studies' a bit so my dds are ready for the CAT/5 or Iowa.

Social studies and history/geography are pretty much the same thing for CVA. There is no need to do anything extra. CVA prefers to test with the MAP test, which is a computerized adaptive test that is proctured online and from home. You'll have to request to use another test, if that's what you want to do.

I have yet to speak with an adviser. When should I expect that?

Advisors are gone until August 23rd, the first day of school. Before then, there is only one advisor on staff. If you need to, call the school to speak to him.

Joann, I love your list of resources. Will you return them to the 'library' when finished?

Eventually, they will be returned; however, I have a 3 year old and 1 year old that I expect to use them with when they get there. I'll be keeping my curriculum until the 1 year old is done with them or I leave CVA, whichever comes first. However, you can order them through CVA any time you wish.

Regarding testing, do they offer tests? Which ones? When & where? Has anyone asked for 'giftedness' testing?

As I said before, they prefer the MAP test, which a computerized test. They will have you download it from their website. Then it is proctured through remote access to your computer. It's a good test because it adapts to the student rather than testing just a single grade level. There are no giftedness tests offered.

I don't mind jumping through hoops. Dd has been taking high school Spanish at our local public school district. I know a bit about reporting. Although, CVA will require more details.

Is your daughter going to continue taking Spanish at the local school district? If so, you'll need to talk to CVA about that because they will have to split her FTE (affects state funding at both schools) between the two school districts. It's an additional hassle, especially if your local district isn't used to doing that or doesn't want to do that. CVA will help you with it, though.

Honestly, I haven't decided if I'm going to test through them again, something about them having my test results didn't sit well with me.

You need to request to use a different test. If you use a different test, you still need to supply a copy of the results to CVA. They are required to keep test results on record for their students.

Many teachers ask more specific questions for the kids to answer, like "what did you work on in math this week" or something.

The questions are there to help the student think of academic things to write/talk about; however, you can have your kids report on any academic topic of your choice.

I'm not going to order these types of things from CVA this year because I don't want to be constantly shipping them back. When we first started the policy that was stated to me was that we could keep our assets until we no longer had a child enrolled with CVA. For me that would have been 14 years so I wasn't at all worried about it.

This same policy is still in affect. You don't have to ship back any books or curriculum until you are done with them for good. I specifically asked this question a couple days ago.

I know it's supposed to change a bit this year, but are they planning on being sticklers about the $1200 or $1500 per child? Between the CBI's I use for my kids (Piano, gymnastics, possibly swim lessons... I could eat up one child's funds with just the activities. I know some of you are just using CVA to have them pay for the CBI's, so that must mean that there is a definite limit to how much they will pay?? This being our first year, we don't have ANYTHING and some of the things I would be buying this year would work for more than one year, or for more than one child down the road... so it a lot UP FRONT and I am curious how it's going to go.

Also... regarding swimming lessons. Ours are only available June - August (no inside pool). Will they pay for those, or does it have to be only CBI's during the 36 week school term??

The cover through June. They used to cover summer lessons but auditing put a stop to that. They can only cover CBI lessons while the school is open.

As far as what you need to order and the limits, you'll have to talk to your teacher about what will be considered reasonable for your child. They are shooting for approximately $1200 per student, which was the previous limit. Now, it's an approximate.

If you only use them for CBI's do you have to do a SLP for all your subjects still? Do you have to report on all your subjects, or just your activities with your CBI? If you just have them buy the workbooks for subjects and you buy the main texts to keep yourself, do you still have to write a full SLP? (I am thinking the answer to the last question is YES, but wanted to check). I am going to think this is a real pain if they make me return & then repurchase things that I plan to use for several years, or with additional children in the house the coming year.

I know it's supposed to change a bit this year, but are they planning on being sticklers about the $1200 or $1500 per child? Between the CBI's I use for my kids (Piano, gymnastics, possibly swim lessons... I could eat up one child's funds with just the activities. I know some of you are just using CVA to have them pay for the CBI's, so that must mean that there is a definite limit to how much they will pay??

Honestly, I think most folks using CVA could easily use an astronomical amount of $$$ for CBI-- ex- we pay $320/ mo on just piano lessons for a single child, this child also does ballet and art, so those CBI could be even more! My guess is that there will likely be a continued adherence to an average of $1200 per CBI. Perhaps if it is a bit over, there may be a bit of grace but I seriously doubt I can convince them to pay 3K for piano lessons, along with $500 for dance and 1K for art. It would be nice, though:tongue_smilie:

Honestly, I think most folks using CVA could easily use an astronomical amount of $$$ for CBI-- ex- we pay $320/ mo on just piano lessons for a single child, this child also does ballet and art, so those CBI could be even more! My guess is that there will likely be a continued adherence to an average of $1200 per CBI. Perhaps if it is a bit over, there may be a bit of grace but I seriously doubt I can convince them to pay 3K for piano lessons, along with $500 for dance and 1K for art. It would be nice, though:tongue_smilie:

Darn it :tongue_smilie: There goes my new steinway!!! lol

Luckily piano lessons for us are only $7 per lesson per child. I wonder what a $300 lesson would be like though. ha

Darn it :tongue_smilie: There goes my new steinway!!! lol

Luckily piano lessons for us are only $7 per lesson per child. I wonder what a $300 lesson would be like though. ha

I will just say, be so very, oh-so-very, and very, very grateful!!!! But, now you have given me a new idea to add to our SLP....do you think I can add a music studio addition to our house to hold it (meaning that Steinway) too?:lol:

Edited by RamonaQ
clarifying

If you only use them for CBI's do you have to do a SLP for all your subjects still? Do you have to report on all your subjects, or just your activities with your CBI? If you just have them buy the workbooks for subjects and you buy the main texts to keep yourself, do you still have to write a full SLP? (I am thinking the answer to the last question is YES, but wanted to check). I am going to think this is a real pain if they make me return & then repurchase things that I plan to use for several years, or with additional children in the house the coming year.

Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to write an SLP. Unfortunately we have to write one for all required subjects plus any other subjects we want funded. Joann seems to have answered the question about keeping assets until we are finished with them. I'm not sure where I had previously heard that. I certainly hope that is the case. I do think in terms of the library we will be asked to return those items when we are finished using them. I'd prefer not to worry about having to ship things back and forth. I like receiving mail, but I don't like sending it.

P.S.-SaDonna, I just checked out your blog (you know, to see how far I would have to commute to get that great deal on piano lessons), the pictures of your kids are FANTASTIC!!!

Thank you... I figure I am forgoing the scrapbooking this year and will be blogging instead. Then at the end of the year I will have them turn the blog into a printed book for the kids. Less work for me, and more fun than cutting and pasting.

As far as commuting, even going to the grocery store is a day trip. ;-) (Well.. technically we have a "little" store 15 minutes from here) But things like Walmart or Staples are an hour's drive. We love the country life, but could stand for a little city action every now and then. Like having delivery... that would be a concept.

*** Sorry to have gotten off topic ***

Keep the good CVA info coming. I am learning TONS!

What subjects you write your SLP for and what you report on depends on your percentage of enrollment. If you are enrolled full time or nearly full time, you'd be reporting on all basic, required subjects. If you would like to keep a subject free of CVA, you can enroll part time and tell them that you will not be covering those subjects through CVA. Of course, you funding is reduced to correspond with the percentage. It's not a direct percentage reduced though (ie. enrolled 80% means you get 80% of the funds...you get funds based on a formula that they have and it would be lower than 80% in my example). Some people do this when they want to use religious curriculum and keep their studies very religiously focused in that subject.

You will not be required to return items until you are completely done with them or you leave CVA. Yes, you can keep your items for younger children not yet enrolled in CVA provided that you stay enrolled in CVA while waiting for them to need the item.

Thanks Joann, I was writing mine the same time you were answering some of my questions. I am a bit more at ease now that I know I can hold onto things through the full use. Can I ask, are there things YOU personally have purchased and kept, or have most of your curriculums been with CVA funds?

Yes, I purchase my science curriculum because it isn't funded through CVA. We use Apologia, which they cannot use state funds to purchase because it is religious curriculum. I have also purchased our history curriculum myself, though I'm not sure why I chose that route when I originally bought it.

I do think in terms of the library we will be asked to return those items when we are finished using them. I'd prefer not to worry about having to ship things back and forth. I like receiving mail, but I don't like sending it.

CVA's "library" is just curriculum items and books previously bought for a family that was returned. Rather than buying new from the vendor, we can get these items from CVA's library if they have a copy available. It costs less because only the cost of shipping is taken from your student fund rather than the full price of the new curriculum plus tax and shipping. Like any item, you can keep library items until you are done with them. This was another question I just specifically asked them because I received a book I ordered from the library rather than from the vendor, and it came with a due date of next June. I expect to use this book in future years so I asked and was told it could be kept just like any other item.

CVA's "library" is just curriculum items and books previously bought for a family that was returned. Rather than buying new from the vendor, we can get these items from CVA's library if they have a copy available. It costs less because only the cost of shipping is taken from your student fund rather than the full price of the new curriculum plus tax and shipping. Like any item, you can keep library items until you are done with them. This was another question I just specifically asked them because I received a book I ordered from the library rather than from the vendor, and it came with a due date of next June. I expect to use this book in future years so I asked and was told it could be kept just like any other item.

That's good to know. It's frustrating that sometimes your receive different answers from different people. I know how much time you put in to this so I'm going with you on this one. I'm crossing my fingers that the info I received today about CBI's is correct.

My SLP's are up now. But, I'm guessing that is returning students only.

I was a little worried last year. And, with the audits I was starting to worry. But, it's not worth the worry. Just relax and enjoy the learning curve. It's going to be different than doing it on your own. But, overall I think you can see we are all happy.

I really like our teacher. Her name is Denise Kroll. She is pretty laid back, a mom, and she is funny and encouraging. Fellow CVA friends have a teacher who has worked with their special needs child. They check in by Skype each week.

I just want my orders now, so I can change up my slp a bit. This year they gave you several years of options. I thought that was cool if your child isn't grade level.

I'm hoping for a meet up in the Tacoma area. Anyone heard of anything yet? From what I understand we can return assets there. I want to meet our teacher, too.

I didn't know about it until I got there. I was in contact with Lynnette Franks about the end of the year trip and wanted to join the group without staying at the hotel. I thought Owen's Beach was just a meeting point for the field trip attendees and was surprised to see how many people where there because I assumed everyone would still be traveling to the hotel (it was early in the day). But, hope, it was the meet and greet...they had another teacher there that wasn't there for the field trip, door prizes, drop-off, etc.

I really like our teacher. Her name is Denise Kroll. She is pretty laid back, a mom, and she is funny and encouraging. Fellow CVA friends have a teacher who has worked with their special needs child. They check in by Skype each week.

I just want my orders now, so I can change up my slp a bit. This year they gave you several years of options. I thought that was cool if your child isn't grade level.

I have Denise too--I really like her! She is a good communicator and is good at helping you figure out how to make CVA work for you. Though I haven't heard from her yet...have you? I hope I have her again for this year. :confused:

My SLP's are up now. But, I'm guessing that is returning students only.

You were able to add your new SLP's? Mine are still the ones from last year. :confused:

I think I am going to have to get more on the ball with asking questions...or the right questions. My AT is really nice but I was a bit frustrated last year because I didn't get very satisfactory answers to my questions sometimes. Maybe I'm just not good at formulating questions. Maybe I'll just make JoAnn my advocate.

I didn't know about the meet-up at Owens Beach either.

And here's a question: What about getting reimbursed for pdf's? We're doing History Odyssey again this year and I think I'd rather do the pdf version (cheaper too). Also want to do Harmony Arts which is a pdf. Do you think that would be a problem? I would just do a reimbursement right?

You were able to add your new SLP's? Mine are still the ones from last year. :confused:

I think I am going to have to get more on the ball with asking questions...or the right questions. My AT is really nice but I was a bit frustrated last year because I didn't get very satisfactory answers to my questions sometimes. Maybe I'm just not good at formulating questions. Maybe I'll just make JoAnn my advocate.

I didn't know about the meet-up at Owens Beach either.

And here's a question: What about getting reimbursed for pdf's? We're doing History Odyssey again this year and I think I'd rather do the pdf version (cheaper too). Also want to do Harmony Arts which is a pdf. Do you think that would be a problem? I would just do a reimbursement right?

Ask your teacher about the pdf. I would argue that it is no different than CurrClick, which is curriculum via PDF, and they cover CurrClick.

Anyone is free to ask me how I'd go about asking about or for things...though I won't do it for you all year. Just send me a PM. I'm asking a lot of questions beyond the ones I would normally ask but that's because I'm also trying to understand the new system.

Ask your teacher about the pdf. I would argue that it is no different than CurrClick, which is curriculum via PDF, and they cover CurrClick.

Anyone is free to ask me how I'd go about asking about or for things...though I won't do it for you all year. Just send me a PM. I'm asking a lot of questions beyond the ones I would normally ask but that's because I'm also trying to understand the new system.

I had no idea that they would reimburse for CurrClick. I'm always learning something new from you. :001_smile:

I had no idea that they would reimburse for CurrClick. I'm always learning something new from you. :001_smile:

I'm not sure how they handle CurrClick. I wouldn't buy and expect a reimbursement. Ask your AT what the procedures are. They also cover Enchanted Learning (will give you the username and password) last time I checked.

Feel free to PM me and ask whatever you'd like.

You'll be fine with just history and geography if that's all you want to do. However, one thing I learned it to make your SLP as broad as possible. They won't hold you to any of it (unless this aspect has changed), but it does give you some latitude if you want to work in something different later in the year.

Probably not until Aug 15-25, I would imagine. You can start school whenever you want, though.

I'm not Joann, but you're required to return "assets" to the library when you're finished with them. Assets are basically non-consumable items.

They administer the MAP (Measure of Academic Progress). The only test I've taken besides that is the CAT, which I didn't like. The MAP is computer-based and adjusts based on the student's ability level, so I feel that its results are more accurate than a paper test. I haven't tested for giftedness and they didn't offer it with DD9, who scored well above the averages for her age. They didn't offer services for my low testers, either. In the past, they've restricted field trips for kids who tested below 30th percentile, I'm not sure if that will be an issue this year. Honestly, I haven't decided if I'm going to test through them again, something about them having my test results didn't sit well with me.

Details were a big deal for my Advisory Teacher (and probably others). As long as I could tell her "we read books x, y, and z" and "we played this game and ran laps weekly", you shouldn't have any problems with your monthly reporting. Mine was pretty lax about the weekly check-ins--as long as we did them, she didn't really care what the kids told her. Many teachers ask more specific questions for the kids to answer, like "what did you work on in math this week" or something.

Thank you, Rosy. I am working on my SLPs today while on vacation. I will probably pm you later.

Dd 13 took high school Spanish 1 through an ALE program last year locally. I am familiar with the monthly reporting. I never discussed other subjects with the school district since I wasn't using those resources.

I am starting with your link of the WA state learning standards. I'll work backwards a bit. I'll cut and paste the topics covered in the curriculum that I have already chosen. I plan to make a google doc so that I can access it from anywhere. Would I give my AT access to that doc? Hmmmmm.....

Thank you for the offer to help. :)

I have Denise too--I really like her! She is a good communicator and is good at helping you figure out how to make CVA work for you. Though I haven't heard from her yet...have you? I hope I have her again for this year. :confused:

She is not in the office till the 23rd. She told me I would have to let CVA know if we want a different teacher. I'm not letting her out of my site.

Rosy & others,

Based on these requirements, what do you use/suggest for social studies & science for grades 1 - 3? Do you use a formal reading curriculum for these ages? I was simply planning to read great lit with the girls and discuss/narrate/write.

Thanks!

You do not have to follow the state's scope and sequence. As long as you are meeting one or more GLEs with what you are doing, you are fine. The GLEs are so broad that meeting one or more of them is easy. Plus, the same GLEs tend to run across several grade levels (except math). Do whatever you want to do with your girls and figure out which GLEs fit. Write up your own GLE-style goals if needed.

For example, my 6th grade daughter is using MUS Zeta this year. It doesn't cover all of the GLEs for any grade level. It covers some 4th grade GLEs, some 5th grade GLEs, and some 6th grade GLEs. It doesn't matter that we aren't following the state's sequence.

Edited by joannqn

My SLPs finally showed up today. Yay! They are a bit different than last year's though so I have a few questions. I will be calling CVA too but I am sure it will be a few days before I hear back from them.

How much modification does everyone do to theirs? Do I need to specify the exact curriculums we will be using?

If the SLPs posted are broad enough to include what we are doing can I just leave it as is? It seems like broad might be better in some subjects but more detailed might be better for others?? For example Language Arts seems pretty generic and wouldn't need any modification IMO but for PE if I want to use CBIs for lessons do I need to be specific about exactly what kind of sport(s) that would be? Both ds's want to continue with a specific sport but also might like to try a new sport but haven't decided what that might be yet.

I might be overthinking all of this...

Does anyone have a copy of the 2010/2011 CVA Family Calendar that actually has the months & information on it that I could get a copy of? I received something attached to a CVA Summer Update email the other day but everything was blurred out and I would like to see a better copy. Thanks -

What they sent with the email is just school vacation days. They will probably have a more comprehensive calender/ student handbook later on. If you pm me I can send you the calender or just let you know what the dates on it are. Looks like we only have two weeks off for Winter Vacation instead of the whole month of December like last year. Kind of bummed about that as we always do a Advent Unit Study type thing during December...but then school ends earlier next year (May 31st) than it did this year.

I asked the CVA guy, Keith Lambert, to resend it to me not blurred and it still looks the same as it did. It has all the dates on it with Blue & Orange highlights on some, but no months, and I can't read the info posted on the side. I guess I CAN figure it out, but I am unclear as to what day they are starting school... the 23rd or the 30th? What day are they ending.. the 27th, 31st (May) or 1st (June)?

*** just found out I got assigned a teacher ... YAY! My order is on the way! ***

Anyway, when I count out 36 weeks of school and start at the 30th of August and include all their breaks in, it is ending more around the end of the first week of June 2011.

On a side note, I jumped on the "36 week crate filing system" bandwagon and trying to figure out how to break up these weeks is going to be fun. ;-) I hadn't even thought of the one day off holidays dispersed throughout the year.

Edited by SaDonna
new news!

I asked the CVA guy, Keith Lambert, to resend it to me not blurred and it still looks the same as it did. It has all the dates on it with Blue & Orange highlights on some, but no months, and I can't read the info posted on the side. I guess I CAN figure it out, but I am unclear as to what day they are starting school... the 23rd or the 30th? What day are they ending.. the 27th, 31st (May) or 1st (June)?

*** just found out I got assigned a teacher ... YAY! My order is on the way! ***

Anyway, when I count out 36 weeks of school and start at the 30th of August and include all their breaks in, it is ending more around the end of the first week of June 2011.

On a side note, I jumped on the "36 week crate filing system" bandwagon and trying to figure out how to break up these weeks is going to be fun. ;-) I hadn't even thought of the one day off holidays dispersed throughout the year.

August 23rd is the first day and the 30th is the start of the first week for the weekly student contact. Winter Break is Dec 20- 31. Spring Break is April 4-8. May 27 is the last student contact day. May 31 is the last day of school and June 1 is the last day for teachers.

Sometimes fast, sometimes slow;)

LOL! Yeah, it sort of depends on where you order from and what you order (backorders) and what time of year it is (beginning of school year is always busy). Most of the time though I have never had to wait more than two weeks and usually it is a week or less.