Menu

Manga Fans: What are your favorites?

I don't typically read manga. However, last year, I read a good part of Death Note (because my teenage nephew really wanted me to read it). I wasn't expecting much, but I actually found it more interesting than I had anticipated. I guess I should get the rest of the books from him & finish reading it.

I have no idea if the Death Note type of story is anything like the manga you have read & enjoyed.

My dd liked Fruits Basket, too. She is very picky about Manga because a lot of it has inappropriate stuff in it. She liked The Good Witch of the West but there is only one so far. LOL Neko Ramen seems pretty funny, but I can't vouch for it's appropriateness...a cutesy character can't be THAT bad, right? ;) She also reads the Kingdom Hearts manga graphic novel things. lol

I don't typically read manga. However, last year, I read a good part of Death Note (because my teenage nephew really wanted me to read it). I wasn't expecting much, but I actually found it more interesting than I had anticipated. I guess I should get the rest of the books from him & finish reading it.

I have no idea if the Death Note type of story is anything like the manga you have read & enjoyed.

We love Death Note around here. DD sucked dh and I in. We even have the dvd's and the 3 part Japanese movie (L is completely adorable).

She likes Fruits Basket and Kingdom Hearts (her gateway manga) as well. She has quite a sampling on her shelf.

Thanks for the recommendations so far! I'll definitely check out those mentioned. I've read the Kingdom Hearts ones and the first 6 of the Avatar series with DS. Death Note sounds like it will be fun.

I'm not too particular about themes - I love all sorts of stuff. I tried Vampire Knight, and have read a few of Tail of the Moon. I'm still seeing what's out there, since Furuba was the first manga I'd ever read.

I think Yotsuba is adorable.
My littlest loves Yotsuba, but all the exclamation marks drive DD the Elder to distraction.

I think Yotsuba is adorable. Also, Azumanga Daioh is good. My son is a huge fan of Naruto. I haven't let him read Deathnote yet, but some of his friends like it. He also likes Ouran High School Host Club.

Wendi

Ouran is my dd's absolute favorite. I didn't want to admit to it. :tongue_smilie:

I am Manga-ignorant, but I saw this on Abebooks yesterday in their Weird Book Room and this thread reminded me of it.

That looks awesome! I'm already planning to use some of the Max Axiom Graphic Novels with DS for science this year. Fun!

I think both School Rumble and Ouran High School look really cute. I wish I had a DD13 so I could say they were for her instead of me. The librarians already giggle when I pick up Fruits Basket every week. :tongue_smilie: