Menu

School Rooms and dry erase

If you try this and it works, please post. I have read reviews for these paint on dry erase products that were not favorable. I still think it sounds like a great idea and I would love to use it, but my dh isn't willing to try it not knowing how it will turn out. I have one wall that would be perfect!

Guest aquiverfull

So cool! I would love a school room but don't have the space for one. I'd try this if I did. Let us know how it works out if you decide to use it.

I love the idea and have a space I want to put a 3x4 dry erase board, but the problem is I need a frame around it. I don't want the kiddos to keep writing on the wall. How do you get a frame around it without permanently attatching it to the wall? Also, for a non-paint option, here is contact paper that is dry erase:

http://www.abcstuff.com/items/LB018.html

Beth

I love it, I made a huge calendar in the kitchen and actually used magnetic paint behind it so it was a magnetic dry erase surface and love it. I also did it on our play room so the kids a magnetic letters and can words on something other than the fridge. I made it the lines with pinstriping tape from autozone (my husbands idea), but worked great. lol. I am a huge fan.

Alana

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

I love it, I made a huge calendar in the kitchen and actually used magnetic paint behind it so it was a magnetic dry erase surface and love it. I also did it on our play room so the kids a magnetic letters and can words on something other than the fridge. I made it the lines with pinstriping tape from autozone (my husbands idea), but worked great. lol. I am a huge fan.

Alana

It might be from the same company, but we used magnetic paint for one of our rooms. It works great! If you were going to make a wall dry erase, you might as well make it magnetic too. :)

we did the same thing and use magnetic paint and chalkboard paint. worked great.

For those of you who have used the paint, especially with the magnetic paint underneath, I have questions. The reviews I read said that people were having problems with cracking and that the markers never completely erased. Have you guys had either of those issues? I would love to do this but have been afraid to shell out the cash for a product that doesn't work well. I planned to buy those large shower boards mentioned by a pp instead, but I would prefer this.

For those of you who have used the paint, especially with the magnetic paint underneath, I have questions. The reviews I read said that people were having problems with cracking and that the markers never completely erased. Have you guys had either of those issues? I would love to do this but have been afraid to shell out the cash for a product that doesn't work well. I planned to buy those large shower boards mentioned by a pp instead, but I would prefer this.

I'd love to hear answers to these questions too. And, I'd love to see some pictures from those who have used this paint.