Menu

Artistic Pursuits...Is it worth it to purchase their art supply packs?

mommydearest

Oh yes, I agree (didn't read your message correctly at first). Don't buy your supplies direct from Artistic Pursuits!

For me it was handiest to click a link or enter a code for either DickBlick or MisterArt. Then your whole shopping cart is filled with exactly what they suggest! I value my time and if I can save an hour clicking one button that is worth something to me (rather than going to different sites and spending an hour price-matching). I suggest doing that. You can always take off something in the art supply pack that you already have. It'll be way less expensive than buying them through AP.

Oh yes, I agree (didn't read your message correctly at first). Don't buy your supplies direct from Artistic Pursuits!

For me it was handiest to click a link or enter a code for either DickBlick or MisterArt. Then your whole shopping cart is filled with exactly what they suggest! I value my time and if I can save an hour clicking one button that is worth something to me (rather than going to different sites and spending an hour price-matching). I suggest doing that. You can always take off something in the art supply pack that you already have. It'll be way less expensive than buying them through AP.

Never mind! Found the link to the supplies at Blick on the AP site.

Edited by Jen S in Va

I ordered this from Sonlight but I have heard to order the items from Rainbow Resource-it is ALOT cheaper.

Yep, I ordered everything in the SL kit from RR. I'm not familiar with DickBlick or MisterArt but I'll definitely be checking them out. Searching for the items on RR was a bit of a pain but it was cheaper than ordering from SL (even with my 10% SL Core discount & free shipping).

I never purchased the supplies in a pack. I would purchase supplies as we went, about a month at a time. We tried to get to Art every week, but it didn't always happen. If you're using the elementary books, all you really need to get started are the basics (paper, brushes, colored pencils, watercolors etc).

HTH!

Dorinda

I found the supply set for Artistic Pursuits Bk1 on Miller Pads and Paper site for $42--this is less than Blick and Mister Art, however, it doesn't look like they state the shipping price up front, which bothers me a bit.

I wonder how much it would be to get the supplies at Michael's or the like--have to drive to get there, but it may be cheaper in the long run. Anyone gone this route?

I found the supply set for Artistic Pursuits Bk1 on Miller Pads and Paper site for $42--this is less than Blick and Mister Art, however, it doesn't look like they state the shipping price up front, which bothers me a bit.

I wonder how much it would be to get the supplies at Michael's or the like--have to drive to get there, but it may be cheaper in the long run. Anyone gone this route?

That's what I did, and it did seem cheaper (see above :lol:).

Yep, I ordered everything in the SL kit from RR. I'm not familiar with DickBlick or MisterArt but I'll definitely be checking them out. Searching for the items on RR was a bit of a pain but it was cheaper than ordering from SL (even with my 10% SL Core discount & free shipping).

I have had really superior service from Dick Blick...fast, good price, returns...everything is good.

I order from Amazon at least monthly. I checked prices between Dick Blick and Amazon, and upgraded the colored pencils, and watercolor pencils to larger sets (more colors), of the same brand, for nearly the same price with free shipping. The rest I just ordered from Dick Blick, they were cheaper than Amazon or I couldn't find the same item with free shipping.:)

I ended up ordering from Dick Blick through the AP website. They have a special for $15 to $30 off orders over $99 until June 30th. I was able to order most everything I needed for Book 2, including many duplicates so both of my daughters could have their own set of paints, brushes, etc. and I spent $90 (including shipping). Their shipping seems to be the lowest ($6.95) and you can even get free shipping if the total is $99 or more after the discount.

This was cheaper than AP and MisterArt, and easier for me (and hopefully cheaper!) than having to find everything individually at an art supply store.

Thanks for all of your input!