Menu

What say you? Toy Story in 3D or regular?

We saw it in 2D and it was great. My DD had trouble even with PhilharMagic at Disney World, so I don't think it's worth it to try to put her through a 3D movie yet. Unlike "How to train your dragon", there weren't any sections in Toy Story 3 that I could point to and say "Oh, this is where if it was in 3D they'd be right in my lap".

So you know where I'm coming from: I love movies. I would see them all the time if I could afford a babysitter. I'm THRILLED that my kids are finally old enough to go to the (some) movies with me.

And I love 3D. It's just so much fun!

However, we saw Toy Story in 3D. There was no need to see it in 3D. The movie didn't play up the 3D aspect the way it could have.

I feel 3D was a total waste of money for Toy Story.

However, we saw Toy Story in 3D. There was no need to see it in 3D. The movie didn't play up the 3D aspect the way it could have.

I feel 3D was a total waste of money for Toy Story.

See, I *liked* that there were no cheap 3D tricks - it just enhanced the overall movie experience without drawing excessive attention to itself (sign of a maturing technology). I haven't seen it in 2D, so I don't know how much difference there is, but seeing it in 3D was the most intense (in a good way) movie-going experience I've had in years :).

We saw it in 3D last weekend after a debate and kids swore they needed to see it in 3D. Not only do I think the 3D was unnecessary in this case, I think at some points it made the movie slightly less enjoyable because the darkness/tinting of the glasses made the night scenes so much darker. Since I have some trouble with night vision to start, I was not impressed.

FYI-we have enjoyed other movies in 3D, like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs which had bright colors and lots of movement.

Just my 2 cents.

As a pp said, the 3D glasses do make it slightly darker. In fact, I took them off for a couple of scenes (even though the screen was blurry) because I just wanted to see it nice and BRIGHT.

(I'm the one who usually loves movies and 3D, but honestly felt it didn't really do anything for this particular movie.)