Menu

Today is my first "official" hs day with little dds.....

after months of planning & prep while the girls finished up at their classical school. We've afterschooled for months/years, but it's all *me* now.

The older kids are home every day and doing some schoolwork this summer, too. They are doing algebra & Spanish (with tutor & each other) all summer ~~ along with literature.

My mantra: Dona Nobis Pacem!

Today is the real deal.

Hoping to tackle memory work, math, spelling, history, reading, grammar & writing ~~ then something fun to celebrate.

Per CloseAcademy's rave review, I checked out the Ruth Heller colorful grammar books from the library. My MCT box hasn't arrived yet. (I'm dying here!)

I'm most nervous about teaching/dictating my first SWR spelling list and teaching some new rules. Thankfully they know the phonograms well.

I love and appreciate ALL THE HELP AND INSPIRATION HERE! Thank you, Oh Wise Hive, for keepin' it real.

See you on the flip side! :001_smile:

:party::party::party:

I'm most nervous about teaching/dictating my first SWR spelling list and teaching some new rules.

Even if you mess up, you'll still figure it out and get into a good routine.

Yay! Seems like you are enjoying this. I had fun having a peek at your blog!

Good to see you here again!

I'm exhausted! We just finished our spelling list K-5 before dinner. Dictating spelling lists takes a long time.

MCT arrived today so we got distracted with Grammar Island. Love it!

We did hours & hours of math. Not sure why. I guess we were on a good clip.

Never got to WWE. Oops.

How do you do this day after day after day? :)

I need to get much more organized.

Phew!

Thank you for the well-wishes. The highlight of my day was when the girls called me outside to show me the huge note they wrote me in our colored sidewalk chalk: "I love home school" :001_smile:

I cried.

Off to a bubble bath & bed!

I'm most nervous about teaching/dictating my first SWR spelling list and teaching some new rules. Thankfully they know the phonograms well.

SWR ended up my favorite, and part of the reason was that after that big, wandering, screaming-for-an-editor book, the actual doing is pretty darned easy.