Menu

Single mommy-hood

Anybody know of any online forums or other places to give and receive encouragement for this new life of mine (and ours)? so many thoughts are rushing through my head these days...realizations, dreams, questions.....It would be nice to be able to connect with others on this path. Thanks.

:grouphug: I don't know of any specific forums or whatever.... but I am on a very similar road and perhaps the same one. Feel free to pm me if you wish. I may not always respond quickly, but I will respond. I, too, often think of what I had envisioned and what is becoming reality, but I always go back to my grandfather's favorite hymn:

When peace like a river attendeth my way

When sorrows like sea billows roll

Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say

It is well, it is well, with my soul

You have a rough road. I'm sorry.

To tell you the truth, I have always been happiest when I have had a single woman in my life, as a friend. I think I talk tooo much for my dh! But that is the truth. (My dh and I have talked about this...it's no secret between us...)

Don't be afraid of married women, even those without kids. Please. We need you. I am not smart enough to figure out why it is so, but for me, it has been so.

(hug)

Oh, I have no fear of married women...most of my friends are married. But I fear they might be afraid of me now....like, maybe if her marriage has ended, mine could too type thinking. I don't know. And I was single till age 35, so I love single gals too. I just have always enjoyed this forum here, and am seeking to find as much support and encouragement from as many places as possible..in a good way, not an unhealthy one.

:grouphug: I don't know of any specific forums or whatever.... but I am on a very similar road and perhaps the same one. Feel free to pm me if you wish. I may not always respond quickly, but I will respond. I, too, often think of what I had envisioned and what is becoming reality, but I always go back to my grandfather's favorite hymn:

When peace like a river attendeth my way

When sorrows like sea billows roll

Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say

It is well, it is well, with my soul

Aw, thanks. I will pm you. and it is well with my soul, thanks to God. But I need to be talking and processing this and more, and not many are coming forth to help here. we can be pm friends, how bout that?

IDK, but good luck finding one.

I generally find that in homeschooling groups, I'm an outsider because I'm single. In single mom groups, I'm an outsider because I homeschool and use attachment parenting methods.

(Not saying at all that it's been ALL people that make me feel that way, but as a group in general)

This has been the first board I've felt comfortable on!

:grouphug: I hope you find the support you're looking for. I've been a single mom for... 4 years and 5 months!! :D I never went through the splitting up part, but I do understand the singleness part, if you ever need to talk!

IDK, but good luck finding one.

I generally find that in homeschooling groups, I'm an outsider because I'm single. In single mom groups, I'm an outsider because I homeschool and use attachment parenting methods.

This is so true! And, frankly, any websites I've found with single mom groups were not my kind of thing. Tended to be young, drama, partied all weekend and the kids interfere with my love life types. I had mine fairly young, but I never partied and never let drama affect my kids. So, I find them annoying.

PM me anytime. I've been a single mom for 13 years now, so if nothing else, I can at least tell you that you'll get through it and even thrive.

:grouphug::grouphug:

when i went through being single mom in the '90s, i didnt' find an on line place that was helpful. but i'm happy to walk the road with you if that will help.... pm me or email me....

naomi drew wrote "peaceful parents, peaceful kids" as she was a single mom.... it doesn't focus on being single so much as on the intentional choices we can make to have our relationships as we would like them.

transitions are hard and good....

ann