Menu

Creative Memories digital scrapbooking software

Does anyone use the CM program to make digital scrapbook pages? I have so much scrapbooking stuff but I'm thinking digital might work better with my life right now. I don't have hours that I can set aside to scrapbook anymore. Digital seems like it could be faster?? Is it good, bad, anything?

It's easy to use and makes beautiful books. I like that it's software you install, so you need not be online to use it, constantly refreshing pages as you work. I'm biased, and in the interest of full disclosure, I'm a consultant with the company, HOWEVER, I was unsure about this software initially, have experimented with others to see what's out there on my own, & have come to love the CM product.

Check out the tutorials on the website to see how it works if you are wanting to see more.

Hope you find what you like. I completely understand the time crunch issue which is why I am just barely still active with CM at all as a business, so I'm really enjoying the digital for my own books.

I have just recently made the decision to switch from traditional CM scrapbooking to using CM's digital software for scrapbooking. At first I thought the only way was to make up these little "storybooks" with my pictures, which were nice and all...but I was mourning the loss of my albums....but when i realized that I could still make pages that would go into a regular album, I was sold...never to look back. I love the idea that I don't have to have my photos printed anymore (unless I need them for something different), I love the idea that I can crop them right on the computer, I love the idea that I can enlarge and skrink my pictures, I love the idea that I can sit down at my computer and if I only have 15 minutes to spare, I can create a page without having to drag all of my stuff out...and then put it all back when I am done...it is so much easier and more time effective. I will NEVER go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about pics that aren't on your computer? Do you have to scan them in? I don't know about a combination of regular and digital scrapbooking. I think that would bother me. However, the idea of digital certainly appeals to me at this point - just don't know what I'd do with all of my non-digital stuff...

What about pics that aren't on your computer? Do you have to scan them in? I don't know about a combination of regular and digital scrapbooking. I think that would bother me. However, the idea of digital certainly appeals to me at this point - just don't know what I'd do with all of my non-digital stuff...

I just finished my non-digital pictures..and since 2006, my pictures are all on the computer. If you use the newest traditional scrapbooking papers etc, they will look VERY similar to digital pages...yes they will have a different texture...but even that change over tells part of the story of how our lives changed from film cameras to digital cameras. I have scanned pictures in too...it does work...it all depends on what you want to do. Talk to your CMC...she will help you figure that out. then I also had a BIG garage sale of all my traditional scrapbooking stuff....

I could be wrong, but I don't think you actually print them out yourself. I believe that you order them and they are printed out to be archival. I have only ever seen a whole book, not just individual pages. I am guessing that is a new thing where you can print individual pages and put in an album?

The Epson ink I use might not be archival but it is waterproof and fade-resistant (and crazy expensive!!). I only print journaling though. I would download the pages and have them printed elsewhere. I'm not so worried about the pages lasting forever though because I will have a digital copy and I'll make a back-up. Still don't know with all the napkins and other things I collect for my books :confused:.

What about memorabilia?? I save lots of things and put them in my books. How do I get those in there?

I wondered about that too...but since you can put the printed pages (CM actually does the printing) in a regualr CM album, you can put memorabilia on opposing pages if you would like...or you can even leave a space for something and when the page comes back from the CM printer you can add that with adhesive before putting on your page protector. Does that make sense??

I was at a crop last night and the CMC did a mini tutorial on this software. I think she sold me on it! LOL And it's 40% off until the 27th!

Anyway, I was wondering for those of you who have used this, do you have CM print out individual pages and you put them in your own albums? Or do you have them bound into books?

Also, have you made anything else with the software? The CMC said you could use it to make invitations and collage photos.

I handle memorabilia in a few ways with digital books:

If I'm ordering an actual book (stitch-bound finished book), I simply scan or photography my memorabilia so it can be included as an image on a page.

If I'm doing what they call "hybrid" scrapbooking, I would do exactly what you (Kfeusse) suggest--attach to the actual digital print or, more likely, the opposing page.

I was at a crop last night and the CMC did a mini tutorial on this software. I think she sold me on it! LOL And it's 40% off until the 27th!

Anyway, I was wondering for those of you who have used this, do you have CM print out individual pages and you put them in your own albums? Or do you have them bound into books?

Also, have you made anything else with the software? The CMC said you could use it to make invitations and collage photos.

Glad you got "sold" on this during the sale! :) It's amazing software with tons of possbilities. My personal preference is to create & order a bound book, usually of a themed event or trip. The individual pages are nice, but I really like my traditional books to stay just that, traditional.

I do make all kinds of simple birthday invitations with the software, and if you print an invite as a 4x6 photo, you can address, stamp, and send it as a postcard invite. Too easy.

Have fun!