Menu

Oh no! Don't you just hate it when you destroy your neighbor's property?

DH mowed the yard for the first time this season. He hadn't been working for 15 minutes when the mower threw a rock. . .right through the neighbor's car window. We immediately informed him, helped sweep and vacuum up the glass, and told him we would pay for the repair. He was very understanding but I could tell that he was frustrated because he had to leave shortly to go to work. We tried to offer him the use of one of our cars but he ended up calling his son who lives locally to come and drive him.

I'd MUCH rather the rock have broken one of our windows.

Pegasus

I hate it when I destroy my neighbor's property. And, I do it so often!! Those wayward eggs and rolls of toilet paper. Paintball gone mad. Chickens rampaging through flower beds. Uncontrollable children with soccer balls. I just feel terrible.

(wink!)

Don't fret. It was an accident. While I'm sure your neighbor was annoyed at the inconvenience, I'm also sure he wouldn't blame you. --It happens. Just like the other day when a big wind ripped the trash pail from behind our house and sent it sailing over into my 83 year old neighbor's front yard. There, it flattened a cute little solar walkway light. I went over to retrieve the can, and found the poor, dead, lamp lying there, gasping, gasping, gone. Poor thing. What can you do?

Hugs,

Doran

Wow, I'm sure your DH is just mortified! Was it the front windshield? Hopefully you can get the window fixed quickly & put it behind you. BTW, it was probably a good idea that the son came to drive your neighbor. It's not usually a good idea to have someone not on your insurance drive your car in case of (another :o) accident.

I hate it when I destroy my neighbor's property. And, I do it so often!! Those wayward eggs and rolls of toilet paper. I just feel terrible.

I'm not laughing at this since some young spring-break-inspired-hoodlam egged our house the other day and my was it a pain to clean up!!

And, it was a human egg.

I'm not laughing at this since some young spring-break-inspired-hoodlam egged our house the other day and my was it a pain to clean up!!

And, it was a human egg.

Ugh. That's no fun. Sorry if I touched a nerve.

But, I am laughing...at what so many others could think about your "human egg" comment. I, of course, being the board addicted, Mindy groupie that I am know exactly to what you refer. But, my goodness, the whoosh of heads turning and eyebrows raising upon reading that unawares might be enough to change the global weather patterns! :D

Doran

Ugh. That's no fun. Sorry if I touched a nerve.

But, I am laughing...at what so many others could think about your "human egg" comment. I, of course, being the board addicted, Mindy groupie that I am know exactly to what you refer. But, my goodness, the whoosh of heads turning and eyebrows raising upon reading that unawares might be enough to change the global weather patterns! :D

Doran

Yah, I thought about linking my post the other day, but thought it might be funnier to just let it hang out there. I knew you'd get it, though.

He was very understanding but I could tell that he was frustrated because he had to leave shortly to go to work. We tried to offer him the use of one of our cars but he ended up calling his son who lives locally to come and drive him.

Yeah, but not as frustrated as he would be if you'd just said, "Oh well! Accidents happen! You do have insurance, right?"

You guys did a great job of handling that horrible, embarrassing situation. Props!

Thanks for all the support! :grouphug:

It turns out not to be as expensive as I feared. It was a back-side window.

I must admit that I don't get the human egg reference. I can't even imagine. :001_huh: I don't get to read the boards as much as I used to!

Pegasus

Yes. Yes I do.

Especially *that* neighbor.

Two weeks ago, after breakfast on a Sunday morning my husband was digging a post hole for a new gate he was planning to build.

Just a few shovels full of dirt into the project he cut the neighbor's cable. The cable that delivers not just their billions of television channels, but also their internet and phone lines.

It wasn't until Monday afternoon that we were able to have it fixed.

Because it was *that* neighbor, we will hear about it in a not so subtle manner for years and years. :glare: