Menu

Look who's coming to my house next week

Click and scroll down to Charlotte. She is a little cutie pie who was brought into the shelter a couple of weeks ago with her four puppies. Her owner "had too many dogs." We met her this past weekend, and we are in love. I am going to pick her up on Wednesday to see how she does with us. We have never had a small dog, and I never thought I would want one, but there is something about her. She is so tiny and sweet. I am super excited. And I just love the organization who has her, Sarge's. That's where we adopted Odie, our Border Collie, last summer. He is a gem! If you live close and are looking for a dog or cat, check them out!

:hurray:

Gad, I love those ears! Charlotte is SO cute! I hope she fits in well into your family.

And what a great rescue - pulling all those great dogs & cats off death row from the shelters.

(Maybe once Charlotte is settled in you would consider fostering for them? I foster for a couple organizations here & the biggest obstacle to saving more is lack of foster space. )

She is so cute. Her puppy looks just like my daughter and granddaughters new Chi/Jack Russel mix, Maggie. Maggie has so much energy but is so very very sweet. She comes over to play with our Lab/Springer mix whe I homeschool my granddaughter. We just got a new 8 week old boxer mix to go with our Lab/Springer Spaniel Mix that is 8 months old. We are dog and cat lovers.

Carolyn

Thanks everyone! She is so cute, and we are just super excited to have her! I just hope it works out well.

:hurray:

Gad, I love those ears! Charlotte is SO cute! I hope she fits in well into your family.

And what a great rescue - pulling all those great dogs & cats off death row from the shelters.

(Maybe once Charlotte is settled in you would consider fostering for them? I foster for a couple organizations here & the biggest obstacle to saving more is lack of foster space. )

Yes, the ears are something else! And those sweet eyes! It is a great rescue. They save so many dogs and cats. Their goal is to buy property and build a no-kill shelter for our county. And actually we have fostered for them twice. It is hard to foster with little ones because they get attached, but we are thinking about getting the girls involved in helping with adoption days. I take them to a lot of the adoption days so the volunteers can see how the different dogs are with kids. I love it!

ETA: From their facebook page, "In 2009, 54% of the animals that entered the Haywood County Animal Control facility were saved, up from only 20% just a few years ago. Our goal is 90%."

Awww! She resembles our brand new pup! A chi/jack mix. Have fun with her!!

I just saw your new baby! So sweet!! I am so glad Charlotte is already housetrained. I detest housetraining!!

We are planning to call her Lottie. My kids loved The Princess and the Frog. :D

Awww, she's adorable! We had a hard time fostering, with our little ones always getting really, really attached, but working on adoption days worked out really well. It also taught the kids not to be intimidated about talking to adults. They feel like experts. :-)

Enjoy Charlotte!

Sandy

We didn't start fostering till the kids were over 10 & so far, the one who gets attached is always ME. :crying: Every. Single. Time.

That's cool that you guys have adoption fairs etc to help out at. They're not too hugely popular here - though some rescues will have booths at community events.

We didn't start fostering till the kids were over 10 & so far, the one who gets attached is always ME. :crying: Every. Single. Time.

That's cool that you guys have adoption fairs etc to help out at. They're not too hugely popular here - though some rescues will have booths at community events.

I know what you mean about getting attached. I loved one of our fosters. She was about a year old and a perfectly behaved German Shepherd mix. The only thing that kept me from keeping her was that someone had already put in an application on her, and he was going to give her a great home. She was precious!

They have an adoption event every Saturday at their office. And once a month, they join another group in the next county for an adoption fair. I have never seen a group so committed to saving animals. It is truly amazing!