Menu

yellow crooked neck squash

My grandparents had a prolific garden. The squash were so enormous it only took one or two to fill a large casserole dish with the yummiest (though not the healthiest) Squash Casserole ever. It involved sliced squash, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and stuffing mix, with perhaps some pimientos thrown in for colour. Delicious! I'll look up specifics if you're interested. :001_smile:

couscous salad? please give details please. Also any ideas for figs? We have two fig trees and the one is loaded!

Ahhhh.....figs. Fig preserves make wonderful gifts. It's hard to find in stores and if you make a spiced fig preserve it is a super holiday gift.

Or you could box them and fed ex them to me. I like them just fresh with a little goat cheese on the side. The sweet and tangy go together well. Maybe a little honey over the top.

This is an incredible meal!! Squash done with butter.... and sauteed onions.... in Tortillas warmed... with.. if you want... a yogurt and cheddar cheese sauce.... ( I don't care for the sauce... my mom loves it)

I have to say, I just love this!! It's SOOOO yummy!

Also.... here's another I love... Squash Casserole with crumbled up saltine crackers on top... Yum!!

:)