Menu

Math U See Storage

I really don't want to spend the $40 on their storage box if I don't have to, but those cardboard boxes aren't going to last forever!

Has anyone come up with any brilliant but more affordable storage solutions? I would love to be able to sort the pieces by color so they are easy to grab during a lesson.

I had the storage boxes when we did MUS a few years ago. I'll confess they were really, really nice. We finished a few levels and then switched to something else so I sold everything. That means that when I was ready to go back, I had to repurchase everything. I couldn't justify that expense a 2nd time though, so I just put them all in a plastic tub. I keep the cardboard boxes in the storage room so they'll be nice when I'm ready to resell the blocks.

Guest ToGMom

I found a tray at Wal-Mart in their plastic stuff for the kitchen, it was $9.00, it was similar to a silverware tray, it had a big tray with compartments, and a small removable tray with with it, then I bought just a square plastic tray that the 100 blocks fit in, all of the blocks have their own compartment and it is very easy to use.

We have the regular set & the completer set. I keep them all mixed together in a plastic bin some legos came in (our lego sets have been merged into larger containers over the years.) Not as convenient as having them separated, but it cost me nothing.

We use a $5 tool box from Wal-Mart. I have a double set and multiple kids using Math U See. It works really well, because I've organized half of the smaller numbers in the lid and half in the lift off tray. One kid can use the lid and the other use the tray. The only thing that can't fit in the lid are the hundreds, so I put those in the bottom and they just pull out a couple if they need them. It's really easy for them to find what they need and easy to put them away.

I've been thinking about this, and I wanted to say that putting those blocks back in order always drove me nuts. :lol: Maybe having them mixed up is fine because my dd doesn't use them as much now that she's in the higher levels. I'll tell you what's annoying though. The algebra inserts don't always snap onto the blocks. We hate when they fall off while we're using them. Hmph!

I just threw all of our blocks into a showbox sized rubbermaid bin. I just did it as a temporary fix at first until I could find the storage box that goes with them cheap, but it turned out to be fine so I've just kept them that way. My son never wanted to take the time to return them to the box in a neat and orderly manner so that they would all fit anyway. Now he can just throw them in the bin and it's not a big deal.