Menu

Any favorite books on Egyptian gods/myths?

Ali in OR

We are reading Rick Riordan's The Red Pyramid right now. Just as The Lightning Thief made me want to read up on Greek gods and myths, I am now wanting to read more about the Egyptian gods and myths. Is there anything out there like D'Aulaire's Greek Myths? Thanks.

Check and see if your library carries any cds or dvds by The Teaching Company. The History of Egypt series by Dr. Bob Brier is incredible. I own it and watch it often. Dd9 has even enjoyed some of the lectures. There is one lecture specifically about religion and myth.

The Jim Weiss CD on Egyptian myths is great.

I'll second this!! My dd6 loved the stories. The next week when we were doing our studies she kept interrupting me to tell me about the things she learned on the CD. Jim Weiss even made sense of Egyptian myths for me!:D

my boys have both enjoyed the stories in Tales of Ancient Egypt. The Egyptian Gods and Goddesses book is good, but very small. Surprisingly, my kids have gotten a lot out of the Age of Mythology computer game. I'm actually surprised at how many of the myths they've learned from that. I'll be on the look out for something more indeapth this summer too, so I hope the suggestions keep coming.

The History of Egypt series by Dr. Bob Brier is incredible. I own it and watch it often. Dd9 has even enjoyed some of the lectures. There is one lecture specifically about religion and myth.

Our library has the audio version of this course. I'm not sure how much my 6yo gets out of it, but she loves it!