Menu

BC Pills Question

I just started taking the pill a week ago. How long do you have to take it before it starts working? When can I give up my back up method? Do I need to take it for a whole month?

You might be ok but I believe the time does vary from pill to pill--check your package information. It should be in there pretty clearly. If you didn't get that it will be online and/or the pharmacist will be able to tell you. I think most are seven days (assuming it's started at the right time) but I had one that was a month. I'd make sure for the one you're taking. Personally, I'd use back up a month no matter what my packaging said. That's because as time went on some pills made me extremely sick (which lowers the effectiveness). I'd want to know it was going ok before I counted on it.

Edited by sbgrace

It should say in the packet info, but generally after you've taken your seventh pill (in a row), you're safe.

Diane W.

married for 22 years

homeschooling 3 kids for 16 years

How do you like that generally? :lol: Sorry I couldn't help myself. In the old days they used to say to take them for a whole cycle but it seems some say less. Check your package info.