Menu

Mail carrier bent my photos

Our mail carrier bent my order from Snapfish. There is a big crease right in the middle of my photos. The package is marked "Photos enclosed. Do not bend." Other than complaining, is there anything I can do? It's not like it was damaged accidently by a machine. She bent it in half and crammed it in my mailbox.

Melinda

Our mail carrier bent my order from Snapfish. There is a big crease right in the middle of my photos. The package is marked "Photos enclosed. Do not bend." Other than complaining, is there anything I can do? It's not like it was damaged accidently by a machine. She bent it in half and crammed it in my mailbox.

Melinda

I hate this. I also wonder what part of "do not bend" do they not understand?

Sorry, no advice.

Melinda

Contact Snapfish.....I haven't used them, but other online photo places will replace damaged photographs. This has happened to me more than once.

The postal workers are horrible about things like that...I swear they purposely look for "do not bend" just so they can, lol. (Ok, before the wife of a postal worker gets made, I'm joking...it's Murphy's law obviously, right?).

I would call the PO and complain. If they seem to not be concerned, I would visit the highest up branch, and not stop until I got to the highest level person who seemed to care.

It isn't acceptable and should be addressed. I have had books delivered and crammed in my box before. We have a 'neighborhood' box and it has two over sized boxes for packages. Our houses are all about 20 steps from the road so we aren't too far off the road for them to step out and either leave it or a note to p/u at the PO.

After my last complaint, our carrier was changed (don't know if it was related or not) and it hasn't happened since.

Maybe you can have the replacements sent General Delivery to your post office. That way she won't have a chance to fold them. But giving her the benefit of the doubt, maybe it was in with some magazines or other larger envelopes, and she folded them all together. But they should look at each for info like Do Not Fold.