Menu

My children have discovered Thornton W. Burgess boks...

KristineIN

If you are ever on Cape Cod, be sure to visit the Green Briar Nature Center and Thorton Burgess Museum. You can see some original Cady illustrations and walk along the edge of the pond where Grandfather Frog lived.

http://www.thorntonburgess.org/Green%20Briar.htm

On a book note, my son also adored Uncle Wiggily. (Just watch out for the big, bad Pipsisewah!)

Jane

but not as old as Burgess, is the Famous Five series by Enid Blyton. I've never seen one in a book store, but the library had a few. My kids loved them when they were 10-11. They are mysteries that a group of English children solve. She also wrote a younger series about the Secret Seven, that are between Encyclopedia Brown and the Hardy boys in reading level.

O.K., another question: Do you put the stories in a 3-ring binder or bind them another way? Are they are full sheets of paper? Guess that was two questions! :)

BTW, I just had to share that I read through WT 1 Sunday night and I love it! I'm so excited to start it this fall!