Menu

Help for tonight--need recipe

I would personally run out to the grocery store or health food store and buy a box mix or something that can be used. Both of ours have some great box mixes you just add water and maybe oil to for cookies, cupcakes, and so on that are gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free.

My children have LOTS of dietary restrictions. No wheat or sugar, among others. They can't even handle the high carb things like honey. For a sweetener, we use Maple Sugar when I have it. I have a friend in NY who sends me some every year and I send her some Alaskan things. That's a wonderful substitute. I also keep Xylitol on hand, but I don't like to use it as much.

Back to the recipes, look on the Gluten Free (wheat free) sites. A GREAT one is Bob's Red Mill. They have a recipe section on their site and a Gluten-Free section with some of the best GF recipes I've found. The only thing is that most also contain sugar. Just substitute the sugar with Maple Sugar or Xylitol. You should be able to get both at either a Health Food Store or in the Natural Foods section of your grocery store.

Be careful with Agave Nectar. I will try to remember to come back and post some links. That stuff is NOT what it says it is. It is not organic, and most of what is on the grocery store shelves is not even the nectar. I thought I was doing a good thing by buying it until my husband did some research. It's poison and I tossed the bottles of it that I had left.