Menu

Would you eat this?

Last night I put pinto beans in the crockpot to cook and then this morning I turned them off with the intention of putting them in the fridge. I completely forgot about them and left them sitting on the counter! It was probably in the mid-60's all day and there was no meat in them -only spices. Would you eat these beans or would you throw them out?

I'd eat them. I wouldn't feed them to any young children, though.

What do you consider young?

BTW - My family vacationed at Lake Geneva every summer growing up and we now take our kids camping at Lake Carlos. Love that area!

What do you consider young?

BTW - My family vacationed at Lake Geneva every summer growing up and we now take our kids camping at Lake Carlos. Love that area!

I'd say three or younger. Or anyone who doesn't have the immune system to kill off the few germs that may have been growing. I drank the water in Mexico and ate hot dogs from a street vendor there without getting sick, though, so take my judgment with a grain of salt, lol.

Do you visit Lake Carlos State Park? We go fishing and have cookouts there all the time in the summer- maybe you'll see us there. :)

Last night I put pinto beans in the crockpot to cook and then this morning I turned them off with the intention of putting them in the fridge. I completely forgot about them and left them sitting on the counter! It was probably in the mid-60's all day and there was no meat in them -only spices. Would you eat these beans or would you throw them out?

We'd eat them. I'd eat them even if there was meat in them. In the distant past, I'd have tossed them out but during my homeschool years, so many soups/stews/baked or roasted meats were inadvertently left out over night or all day and were always fine. Every time.

K