Menu

Role of Lit in Christianity

Aubrey, I really enjoyed your article!! I'm reading A Tale of Two Cities for the first time since high school (when I couldn't care less about it - lack of decent academic skills training), and I see what you mean. Lucie's care of her father in the beginning and throughout the book is very striking of redemption and hope to me.

I also really enjoyed reading your blog. Gosh, I hope you find ways to make staying home work for you - you have a lot of potential going on in that mind of yours.

I had the chance to go to dinner with Os Guinness--we were both at a birthday party for our assistant at church, dining al fresco at a restaurant set on the edge of the woods near DC--Oh, it was one of the best times I've ever had!

But I didn't really get to talk with him. He sat next to dh, and they chatted all thru dinner.

I loved the article, and I love your response. So many types and shadows...

Aubrey, I really enjoyed your article!! I'm reading A Tale of Two Cities for the first time since high school (when I couldn't care less about it - lack of decent academic skills training), and I see what you mean. Lucie's care of her father in the beginning and throughout the book is very striking of redemption and hope to me.

I also really enjoyed reading your blog. Gosh, I hope you find ways to make staying home work for you - you have a lot of potential going on in that mind of yours.

Ironically, I've got an article due soon (for another publication) about why I hs despite all the things we've been talking about on that other thread. Writing it makes me feel all mixed-up & funky. Well, clear-headed, actually, but then the clear-headedness about hs'ing meets w/ the clear-headedness about bills, & I get all mixed-up & funky, lol.

Dh thinks the article is from the Lord, to get me to be still about finances & just hs. I got the email about it in the middle of the whole Malaysia thing, & he said then that he thought it was the Lord working on me.

But I want to hs, lol, so I'd think the Lord would be working on getting dh a job. But so far, He takes very little advice from me. Maybe I should go get a taller stool. Hehehe.

Thanks, btw. It's nice to have something human-making on my plate instead of just all the dehumanizing problems. :tongue_smilie:

Ironically, I've got an article due soon (for another publication) about why I hs despite all the things we've been talking about on that other thread. Writing it makes me feel all mixed-up & funky. Well, clear-headed, actually, but then the clear-headedness about hs'ing meets w/ the clear-headedness about bills, & I get all mixed-up & funky, lol.

Dh thinks the article is from the Lord, to get me to be still about finances & just hs. I got the email about it in the middle of the whole Malaysia thing, & he said then that he thought it was the Lord working on me.

But I want to hs, lol, so I'd think the Lord would be working on getting dh a job. But so far, He takes very little advice from me. Maybe I should go get a taller stool. Hehehe.

Thanks, btw. It's nice to have something human-making on my plate instead of just all the dehumanizing problems. :tongue_smilie:

OK, I want to know when you publish that article - pm me in case I don't see any announcement here. That sounds like something I'd like to write, except I have no clue how to write professionally! Seriously, I'd love to read it, if you think of letting me know.

What do *you* think - do you think God is reassuring you through the process of writing that article? I know when I talk about this kind of stuff on here, I always reflect on the good things that are going on, rather than the bad things that I am currently inwardly rebelling about (beans AGAIN???? I'm tired of everyone complaining about them, and I don't wanna try to think of how to flavour them up today!!!!!!). When I write about it, I end up having a few moments of peace and gratefulness.

I totally relate to the stool. :lol: I've had many of those prayers. I did NOT want dh to pursue self-employment, but he did. Things have piecemealed themselves together, and today, we have a roof/food/clothing/water. Today. I'm grateful for today. :D And looking back, self-employment for him has been beneficial to our family.

I think I'd love to talk about this stuff with you in person, but you have said in the past that you are too introverted. :lol: So, thanks for talking here. It's interesting to me.

OK, I want to know when you publish that article - pm me in case I don't see any announcement here. That sounds like something I'd like to write, except I have no clue how to write professionally! Seriously, I'd love to read it, if you think of letting me know.

What do *you* think - do you think God is reassuring you through the process of writing that article? I know when I talk about this kind of stuff on here, I always reflect on the good things that are going on, rather than the bad things that I am currently inwardly rebelling about (beans AGAIN???? I'm tired of everyone complaining about them, and I don't wanna try to think of how to flavour them up today!!!!!!). When I write about it, I end up having a few moments of peace and gratefulness.

I totally relate to the stool. :lol: I've had many of those prayers. I did NOT want dh to pursue self-employment, but he did. Things have piecemealed themselves together, and today, we have a roof/food/clothing/water. Today. I'm grateful for today. :D And looking back, self-employment for him has been beneficial to our family.

I think I'd love to talk about this stuff with you in person, but you have said in the past that you are too introverted. :lol: So, thanks for talking here. It's interesting to me.

I don't know what God's saying. If I had to guess, it's something like, "Write. Homeschool. Quit worrying." But I don't just worry. I get mad. I mean...when there seems to be someone to blame, not just at life.

I didn't mean I'm too introverted to talk to people irl *at all,* lol! Just much more comfortable in print. I don't do chit chat well. If you say something I don't agree w/, I don't have to worry about the fact that I have a face that gives me away. ;) *And* although it doesn't always show, I'm glad to have the backspace button. :D

I posted a link to a radio broadcast about this a while back. This is an article I wrote about the same topic afterward. (Heart of the Matter)

I hope y'all don't mind me posting. It seems incredibly relevant to classical ed. :001_smile:

Incredibly relevant is exactly right. Keep up the good work, and stay safe in traffic! ;)