Menu

Help me be tactful

It has been pointed out to me before hat I have a "Fight the power" mentality. For those of you who may not understand, this means I have a rather sharp sense of right and wrong, and I like to rally against what I feel is wrong. I attribute it to my flamingly Baptist/ Conservative upbringing.

I am friends with certain people on Facebook (Don't judge. I have a weakness.) Two of my friends have a s@x offender father, who abused one of my dear high school friends. This, ahem, perv, repeatedly asked my friend to invite me over. Now, I see this sick individual on Facebook, free to friend anyone he would like. I do have a really hard time "Fighting the Power" and keeping my mouth shut. So, what would Jesus do? I assume Jesus would NOT use profanity, for which I ( as a former Sailor) am known. Seriously, help me! I would love nothing more that to remove this know s@x offender from Facebook, but I acknowledge the fact that I am emotionally involved.

My "theme" in life is the saying from Mark Twain, "Better to be thought a fool that to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

How would you handle this situation?

What would Jesus do?

Are you saying you are emotionally involved with the "father" of your friend? You talk to him on facebook? Whether you do or not it is a bad idea. Take him off your facebook page imo. If facebook is your one of your "sins" then get rid of it all together.

I understand your problem so to speak. I have always been a stand up for what I believe in kinda person. There is a against sex offenders page on face book as well. I know I joined. I suggest you check it out and contact facebook let them know he is a sex offender. By the way, I don't see that fault as a bad one. Look back through history some of the greatest people who ever lived tended to rally for their beliefs, facebook can be whatever you make it as well. I like farmville there is my weakness and anything else that bothers me well I just delete it off my page. Good luck hope you find peace over this.

This "man" is not my friend on FB. He is a friend of 2 friends, his daughters. I see his comments on their status updates. Makes me want to vomit every time.

I may just quietly report him. Thanks for the links! I do not think pervs should be on FB.