Menu

Bored and depressed...

You guys are too kind! LOL

I went back and deleted my original post about my husband being gone all the time and being totally stumped as to what curriculum to use!

After there were 13 views and no responses I felt like a slug...

thanks, you guys cheer me up! Gotta keep my head high and stop eating the Easter candy. Sugar really messes me up!

I don't know you, Love2Smile, but I can tell you it feels like my dh is gone all the time, too. He is only with us, guaranteed, on Sundays (if he's not travelling), and sometimes on Saturday or a weekday if he has a meeting in our town, or if work is cancelled that day. It feels pretty lonely without him sometimes, even with 5 kids.

I don't know your curriculum situation, either, but how about just going with library books for now? Just take the kids to the library and have them pick out various books they'd like to read (maybe in different subjects, as Jessie Wise did), and just call it school? When you're ready to choose a curriculum, you can, and you won't feel like you've "wasted" any time.

I hope this helps, and your spirits are lifted soon.:)

I don't know you, Love2Smile, but I can tell you it feels like my dh is gone all the time, too. He is only with us, guaranteed, on Sundays (if he's not travelling), and sometimes on Saturday or a weekday if he has a meeting in our town, or if work is cancelled that day. It feels pretty lonely without him sometimes, even with 5 kids.

I don't know your curriculum situation, either, but how about just going with library books for now? Just take the kids to the library and have them pick out various books they'd like to read (maybe in different subjects, as Jessie Wise did), and just call it school? When you're ready to choose a curriculum, you can, and you won't feel like you've "wasted" any time.

I hope this helps, and your spirits are lifted soon.:)

Aww. thank you! I am just a bit OCD about curriculum and about everything in my life as well. I suffer from having to have everything "perfect", thanks so much for your reply. I was thinking of library books for now. I think I just need to stop thinking about it all and go watch a movie! The Blind Side is waiting!

Aww. thank you! I am just a bit OCD about curriculum and about everything in my life as well. I suffer from having to have everything "perfect", thanks so much for your reply. I was thinking of library books for now. I think I just need to stop thinking about it all and go watch a movie! The Blind Side is waiting!

You know, I've been feeling this way too. And I don't have the lack of hubby as an excuse. I too suffer from having to have everything perfect. I'm having issues with curriculum. We're considering moving to a larger house. Everything seems sortof spiraling out of control. Just wanted to say you aren't the only one. :grouphug: