Menu

Help deciding on a backpack/comuter/messenger bag for my bike commuting dh...

He needs a "briefcase" that will hold his paperwork, workout gear, change of clothing, and sometimes a laptop.

He will be biking to work but still needs to use this bag while in his various uniforms (Navy officer). Clarification- he will bike in athletic clthing and change into his uniform.

Are messenger bags really bike friendly? Are backpack laptop bags nice enough to use with uniforms? Can you suggest a good one?

I like Timbuk2 and Northface bags but they are both spendy.

Thanks so much.

Jo

He needs a "briefcase" that will hold his paperwork, workout gear, change of clothing, and sometimes a laptop.

He will be biking to work but still needs to use this bag while in his various uniforms (Navy officer). Clarification- he will bike in athletic clthing and change into his uniform.

Are messenger bags really bike friendly? Are backpack laptop bags nice enough to use with uniforms? Can you suggest a good one?

I like Timbuk2 and Northface bags but they are both spendy.

Thanks so much.

Jo

If you think you'd mind spendy a bit less if it's US made, try Tom Bihn. tombihn.com

Great bags of all sorts. Solid blue or black would do the trick.

I have been so, so happy to support this company.

There are so many options. He may need to look around to see what features he may or may not want. Lands End make good communter bags. The best prices we found for commuter bags when dh was needing one was places like Ross, TJ Maxx you can get a better quality bag for less money. HTH.