Menu

Things to do in Appleton, WI?

There's a neat museum in an old house that got electricity way ahead of its time. It's very inexpensive and the displays in the basement were interesting for the kids.

I think that's near the Jansport outlet. We got really cheap backpacks, sweatshirts, etc.

That's all I can remember. I hope someone else can give you more exciting ideas.

Well, there's Me :D - we are about 30 minutes north of there.

Let's see...there's not much I can think of off hand in Appleton, however if you all are sports fans, if you travel north about 30 minutes to Green Bay, there is always Lambeau Field. There are also a handful of museums here, like Heritage Hill , which is pretty cool, and Hazelwood, which has awesome re-enactments when they have them.

If you want to travel south to Oshkosh (about 30 min from Appleton), there is always the EAA Museum. If you come during the convention, which is the end of July/beginning of August, you might meet Harrison Ford - he's always here for that. ;)

Hope that gets you started...

Well, there's Me :D - we are about 30 minutes north of there.

Let's see...there's not much I can think of off hand in Appleton, however if you all are sports fans, if you travel north about 30 minutes to Green Bay, there is always Lambeau Field. There are also a handful of museums here, like Heritage Hill , which is pretty cool, and Hazelwood, which has awesome re-enactments when they have them.

If you want to travel south to Oshkosh (about 30 min from Appleton), there is always the EAA Museum. If you come during the convention, which is the end of July/beginning of August, you might meet Harrison Ford - he's always here for that. ;)

Hope that gets you started...

:D visiting you would be my first opportunity to meet a TWTMer in real life. I like that idea.

It would be fun to meet some other WTMers! There are a few more of us around here...2 others that I know of, specifically. Maybe they'll chime in, too.

As far as camp sites, I don't know much about what's around there. But there is High Cliff State Park to consider. I've never been there myself (I've never even been camping!), so I can't really comment on it.

There is a nice children's museum downtown, the Houdini museum, a minor league baseball team, several nice parks (some with pools or beaches), a mall, and if you want to drive about 1/2 hour north there is a nice zoo in Green Bay or Bay Beach Amusement park.

High cliff has really nice camping, and I think there are some private campgrounds a bit closer to Green Bay as well.

Wonderful children's museum downtown. http://www.buildingforkids.org/index.php

Wild Air http://www.wild-air.com/

We usually hit those two, Half Price books, Goodwill (the one across from Wild Air has a great book section), and Hu-hot for a fun day.

It looks like the Paper Discover Center http://www.paperdiscoverycenter.org/

or the Houdini Exhibit would be fun. I'm putting those on my list for next time.

Hey, you could visit me!! I live 20 minutes from Appleton in a small town called Fremont. There is also a really nice campground here in our town called Jellystone. My kids usually work there in the summer. They have a waterslide, boating, golf and all sorts of fun stuff to do. If you have small children you can go to Bay Beach in Green Bay. It's a really nice amusement park for young children. And yes, the children's museum is wonderful too. I love to see you when you are here!:001_smile:

take care,

tricia