Menu

Chapter books for a 7yo girl

My stupid cousin forced her husband to move out so she can relive her party girl days. Her husband is an awesome guy and primarily takes care of their 3 kids. He's living with my parents and me and dh are also helping him out as he has nothing but his clothes.

His dd is 7yo and she told me her teacher is wanting her to read more chapter books. And yes, her mother won't buy her books, only toys. So K is reading The Babysitters Club series and she really likes it, I'm going to get her some of these, I find them all over at the thrift shops all the time. I see other books, too, but I have no idea if they are any good or not. I have boys, I have no idea what is good for girls, lol!:tongue_smilie:

Thanks so much!

I have a dd who is 8, almost 9. At 7, she liked Sarah, Plain and Tall and the two books that came after it: Skylark and Caleb's Story. She also liked Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfield. There are a few others in that series, but we haven't read them yet. She adored Charlotte's Web; it's her favorite book. She would also highly recommend The Trumpet of The Swan, also by E.B. White. James and The Giant Peach and Charlie and The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl were well-received.

My stupid cousin forced her husband to move out so she can relive her party girl days. Her husband is an awesome guy and primarily takes care of their 3 kids. He's living with my parents and me and dh are also helping him out as he has nothing but his clothes.

His dd is 7yo and she told me her teacher is wanting her to read more chapter books. And yes, her mother won't buy her books, only toys. So K is reading The Babysitters Club series and she really likes it, I'm going to get her some of these, I find them all over at the thrift shops all the time. I see other books, too, but I have no idea if they are any good or not. I have boys, I have no idea what is good for girls, lol!:tongue_smilie:

Thanks so much!

The Junie B. Jones series is great as are the Dolphin Diaries series, books by Judy Blume, Roald Dahl or Beverly Cleary and I remember reading the Encyclopedia Brown series when I was younger, I thought they were the greatest. Even the Magic School Bus chapter books are fun and very educational.