Menu

What type of car does your teenager drive?

We have a 1997 Honda Accord in great shape that our girls get to drive until they can purchase their own car.

Our 19yo drove the Accord for just over one year while she worked and saved to purchase her first car--a 1998 Honda CRV (red!). It is a cute car, in great shape--and she used CASH!!!

Our 17you will be driving the Accord once she gets her license... she would have it by now but the accident she was in a few weeks ago (she was a passenger) has made her a bit nervous--so she will probably get it some time next month. This dd's schedule is a lot bussier than her sister's was--and she will be going off to college (her sisters lives at home and commutes) so she will be saving any money she makes toward college expenses.

I'm not in a hurry for dd 17 to get her license... that accident totaled our 4th car... so dd17 and I will have to share...it really will not be a problem until next fall... hopefully the insurance will be settled by then!!!

Jann

Our 17you will be driving the Accord once she gets her license... she would have it by now but the accident she was in a few weeks ago (she was a passenger) has made her a bit nervous--so she will probably get it some time next month....that accident totaled our 4th car... so dd17 and I will have to share...it really will not be a problem until next fall... hopefully the insurance will be settled by then!!!

Jann

I hope your DD wasn't hurt.

That is the strangest thing I have heard when it comes to selling cars. You'd think they would be happy to let you keep it.

How about:

e939cd4401851fcc compared to 51cb439fcf056476

At least these have some similarities.

They are both homo sapiens? They are both wearing ties?

Don't even get me started on GMAC. Idiots!

:iagree:

Bike. Public transport.

It helps that people aren't allowed to get a license until 18 where we live...

a

A bike? Not feasible everywhere. The nearest town from us is 10 miles--down the main road running north & south through Michigan's thumb. It's a two lane highway with HEAVY freight truck traffic and not much of a shoulder. We also have snow on the ground easily 5 months a year.

The nearest city with public transport - 40 miles.

Not everyone lives in a metropolis ya know. :001_smile:

That said, my teen (who still has a learners permit) doesn't own a car, and likely won't until he needs one for work or school. At that point, we'll probably get a 3rd vehicle and put it in mine or dh's name. Right now he drives with me in my 2009 Chevy Traverse.

Oldest dd drives a 2005 VW Jetta

18yodd drives a 1999 Acura Integra

17yodd drives a 2001 Mustang Convertible

Certainly I feel like the Jetta is the safest - I've never seen so many airbags! After her owning the Jetta, I would say that VW's are pretty safe cars in general - it's solid, heavy, and has lots of safety features.

That being said, we wouldn't be able to provide that for each of our children. She purchased it this past winter after totaling her Mitsubishi Lancer in a 3-car accident (NOT her fault).

My kids have also driven the aforementioned Lancer, 2 Corollas, and a Chevy Cavalier. They all wanted to change vehicles and now they all pay for them. :tongue_smilie:

I hope he takes you for a cruise in his 'new' car!

He did! He had to bring me home to get my second set of keys b/c I locked myself out of my van for the first time (in the DMV parking lot). :lol: I went there in case he needed me (ha ha ha).

And, oops -- it was a 2003. :auto: