Menu

Dd had pink streaks put into her hair several weeks ago. Now . . .

she has a job interview this week. The pink has faded significantly, but is still visible.

Should we try a hair color removal product? Or re-dye with her normal color?

(The job application says "conservative hairstyles" are required and she really wants the job!)

I would take her to a salon and let them deal with it. They can get the pink out and then reapply color to get it back to its "natural" state.

You can certainly try it yourself, but if it doesn't work (or only works marginally well you'll end up spending the money with a stylist to get it corrected anyway, I assume.

What is her normal hair color? How much hair was streaked? Maybe you can just dye her hair to the normal color? I'd go to a salon and get it done there.

In the future it might be easier to just get colored extensions put in when she gets a hankering to do something different. Those can just be removed when they no longer are needed.

Guest Virginia Dawn

Go to a professional. I have a friend who does hair, she sees more teenage daughters with botched hair than you can imagine.

My dd (when she was 15) died her platinum blond (natural) hair 'FUSCHIA' with a product called 'manic panic.' Roots to ends.

:lol: I used to use Manic Panic, and it drove my mother permanently grey. She never knew what obnoxious color I would choose next. I have brown hair, though - can't imagine the shock of showing up to the dinner table having gone from platinum to fuschia!

OP, take her to a salon. Consider it a loan to be deducted fairly from her first or first few paychecks. That's what my parents did, and I appreciated both their help and their lesson.

Go to a professional. I have a friend who does hair, she sees more teenage daughters with botched hair than you can imagine.

Yes. My dd likes to color her hair different colors, and the woman who colors her hair tells her exactly what will happen if she tries to fix it herself, lol.

Last summer, dd's hair was pink and black. It was gorgeous. When it was time to re-do it, they chose a chestnut brown just a shade darker and a little warmer than her natural color and put it right over the top of the pink and black. It was beautiful.

Cat

I would take her to a salon and let them deal with it. They can get the pink out and then reapply color to get it back to its "natural" state.

You can certainly try it yourself, but if it doesn't work (or only works marginally well you'll end up spending the money with a stylist to get it corrected anyway, I assume.

If the application states conservative hair, then she needs to get it fixed. I would leave this job to a professional...JMHO.