Menu

Spinoff of the "how many books do you own" thread

If you catalog your books how do you do it? I've honestly thought of getting a UPC reader just so that I can have a listing and know if all of our boxes of books has made it each time we move.

We don't have nearly as many books as some on this board do and it's not that we don't want them. We've only be hsing 2 years so I'm sure we'll keep adding books in leaps and bounds. A lot of dh and my books are in storage at our old house as it just got to be too much to move every 18 months.

Thanks all. I use Library thing to keep the books we're currently using as read alouds to post them on my blog, but I wanted something a bit better to keep a database of our things. I looked at the book collectorz site and like what I see. I'll have to think on it a bit more but it may be just what we need.

Thanks again for the ideas

Currently I have everything in a MS Access database I created. And yes, hand entered all of them!! I have been looking at Book Collecterz and Readerware as options as well. I would like to upgrade to something easier to use on a PDA if that is an option. I can convert my database to excel and keep it on the PDA but it is awkward to search that way. And yes, having such a database does cut down on duplicates. Please, any opinions on Readerware?