Menu

Ink stained dryer???

Does anybody know how to remove ink from the inside of a dryer? I have tried vinegar (home remedy book suggestion). Oh, and do you want to take votes on whose fault this is? Mine for not checking pants or dh for leaving the pen in his pants? :lol: Just kidding.:lol: But, any other ideas?

Base housing came with washer and dryer overseas. Our dryer had blue-ish/purple ink stains (probably blue pen) in the dryer when we moved in. I was worried about staining clothes so I ran a bunch of towels in it a few times at first. They came out fine, so I just moved on from there.

I never had a problem and nothing ever got stained from what was already in there.

I never tried to remove it because a) I had no idea how long it had been in the dryer, and b) it wasn't our house/dryer. If I wanted to make a big deal out of it, they would have replaced the dryer, but as long as it wasn't hurting anything I didn't worry about it.

So no suggestions as to how to get it out, just know once it's dryed on there, it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck.

Rubbing alcohol "lightened" the ink but I think it is not coming all the way off. Now I am just scared to run a load through it. I wonder how long it will take to be dried on. I have diapers that need washing so they can be my guinea pig.

Dh washed a black permanent marker last week. The barrel came open and the felt ink cartridge went for a ride :willy_nilly: Luckily it was a load of black clothes and so it doesn't show.

It did get all over the drum. It seems like the heat from the drier set it as I haven't had any of it come off on my clothes or towels. So, while it doesn't look pretty in there at lest it seems like it isn't coming off.

After using the alcohol, etc, you might want to call your fire department to see how to ensure that your dryer is not a fire hazard. A spark from the dryer plus alcohol, WD40, etc. could be tragic. I'm sure there is a way to deal with it, but I would be sure to ask.