Menu

Rod and staff remedial

Free Indeed

In the new addition of the WTM Susan says that if your 7th or 8th grader is just beginning formal grammar that they should use grade 5 "Progressing with Courage". However, my books say grade 5 is Following the plan and grade 6 is Progressing with Courage. So which does a newbie begin with level 5 or 6?

Now I'm a little confused (it's a pregnancy thing).

So..... someone new to R&S should start in Book 5, Following the Plan? Even an 8th grader who has done 'some' grammar but in a fairly random fashion so is not particularly strong in it? I was thinking of starting her in Book 6, but now I'm not sure. :001_huh:

I started with level 5 for my then 7th grader. It turned out to be a good thing.

(She had been in ps through 6th grade, and unfortunately their definition of grammar did not match my expectations...or R&S's scope and sequence). We're catching up, so that she will hopefully be on grade level next year. The good thing about R&S is that you can do so much of it orally and on the whiteboard, which allows us to pick up the pace quite a bit. Good luck; hope that helps!