Menu

I know there are several places on line to get a template, but I want a program that I can just say this is what she took, what her grades were, weight them or not and it spits out a lovely transcript.

Does this exist?

The templates I find, I can't get it all on one page that I've heard it should be. Not that she has a lot of academics, but volunteer and extra-curricular stuff.

Thanks!

I developed my own transcript in MS word. I grouped courses together by category rather than by year. As homeschoolers, our learning is not always Sept-May, 4 years. My dc had 1 credit courses that they did in 3 months over the summer or 1/2 credit courses that took 18 months. So all of the English, Math, Science, etc. were grouped together.

It works well for our family.

What's the scale most people use for calculating a letter grade from a number grade? For example, where does an A leave off and an A- start?

Yolanda

Yolanda, The transcript form I used calculated the gpa for me. I had a strange mix of public school, homeschool and cc classes so I did my grading scale the same as the ps then listed the CC class grades as they were reported. Here is a guideline for transcript grading and credit.

Karen

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for and it seems quite reasonable, or at least what I'm used to. The organization I've been using to do my record-keeping and transcript prep has a much more demanding scale. For example, a 93 is a B+ and an 89 is a mere B. This results in lower GPA although each course's numeric grade appears on the transcript and their grade scale is clearly shown on the transcript. It didn't dawn on me until now how that scale affects GPA. I guess I kept thinking the numeric translates directly into GPA without the A/B/C filter, so to speak. I'll tell you, this homeschooling journey is starting to make my brain ache there's so much you learn!

• 3 months later...
I developed my own transcript in MS word. I grouped courses together by category rather than by year. As homeschoolers, our learning is not always Sept-May, 4 years. My dc had 1 credit courses that they did in 3 months over the summer or 1/2 credit courses that took 18 months. So all of the English, Math, Science, etc. were grouped together.

It works well for our family.

I don't suppose you'd be kind enough to send me a copy (minus private info of course)? Please?

I'm wanting to organize ours this way too for the same reasons. Besides, I think it's clearer. Colleges don't care when you covered what, just that you covered what was needed.:)