Menu

Are there any used curriculum sales in the DFW area

I am new to the area and am wondering if there are any used curriculum sales in or around the DFW area. Any that maybe happen once a year. We are south of Dallas near De Soto, but I would drive pretty far. I looovvvee used curriculum sales. Back in CA there was an awesome one that happened every summer. I will no longer be attending that one. I am devastated. :glare:

Please let me know. :bigear:

Thanks a bunch. Erin

The Homeschool Store in Houston is incredible -- and it has a big remaindered book section and a used book/curriculum section. It might not be worth the trip for curriculum only, but if you want books too, it is an incredible treasure trove. Yes, I know it is a bit of a drive (!), but you might want to keep it in the back of your mind.

TAFA is having a used book sale this summer. Also, there are folks on the Horizons group that sometimes have a book sale. I tend to go to The Book Cover, but you can sometimes find good deals at the hs book store in Watauga. It used to be called Creative Arts in Action, but I can't remember what it's called now. NETCACHE probably has a used book sale, too, but I don't belong to that group.

Used books? Or used curricula ? You will find both at the annual Arlington homeschool fair. I hear from people that this is one of the largest such events in the country. I go every year, and always notice vendors for both used books and for used curricula. I don't bother with the speakers, just the vendors. (Which is not to say that the speakers might not be worth your while. Just depends on what interests you.)

I think there is a homeschool support group for "south of the river" Dallas-area people. More info could come from them.

Hope you find what you need !