Menu

Disney goers - Teppan Edo or Rose & Crown??

We aren't planning many sit-down meals at all during our stay (oldest dd and I will go to Boma one night), but I thought I'd do one meal at Epcot. Would you pick one of these, or do you have any other suggestions? Le Cellier is out of course (no availability).

I'm thinking Teppan Edo would give us the best veggie options of the two.

Input??

If you are looking for lots of veggies, go for Teppan Edo. But personally, I would do Rose and Crown again in a heartbeat!

The first time we went there, we had a great server, sat outside right under a heater (it was January) and had incredible food. The second time we went we had a so-so server sat on the porch near a heater (January again) and still had incredible food. One recommendation I have is to eat on the porch. The inside is incredibly loud because of the pub side. I was very happy to only have to endure it when I had to walk through to get to the restrooms.

I do agree that Coral Reef is wonderful! We actually didn't enjoy Le Cellier as much as we expected. The German place was ok. Not as good as what MIL makes.

We just dined at Rose and Crown (fish and chips and a Guinness:drool5:) a week ago today. Loved it! IMO, it's not that the food is that far superior to local pubs with good fish and chips....it's the atmosphere! We loved our server, Kayleigh and "Brian" the squirrel who visited during our meal :). We were also invited back for prime viewing of Illuminations that evening.

Aww, I miss WDW :crying:!

I think you'll have a great time either place. R&C is great if you have dinner (7:30ish), so you can watch Illuminations from the patio (without being crowded or staking out your spot hours in advance). But the chefs at Teppan Edo are a show in themselves and lots of fun. I *suspect* you would eat better (as a vegan or near-vegan) at Teppan Edo than at R&C, but the truth is that all of the Disney restaurants are extremely accommodating when it comes to special diets.

We have eaten at R&C before, but never at Teppan Edo. I did enjoy the R&C atmosphere and watching Illuminations from there sure was awesome! The only ressie I could get for R&C was 6:00 though so it's too early for the parade.

I could check the French restaurant also. What is the name of their sit-down one? I know the counter service gets rave reviews.

I'm totally bummed that the Mexican counter service restaurant is undergoing MAJOR renovations and won't be open. We always really enjoy that food. I'm not sure if it's even scheduled to be open for my October trip either...