Menu

Pregnancy-related question (females only)

I have only had one yeast infection, and I got it from taking antibiotics. Not wanting to take any more drugs, I made a solution of warm water and vinegar and washed myself every two hours. Not a quick fix--it took several days-- it did work. Try Googling an alternative remedy. I am not sure, but yeast infections may be one of those things that behave more aggressively and are more difficult to remedy the more you get them.

OTC yeast cream is safe for pregnancy, but I've have the most luck, with a peeled clove of fresh (preferably organic) garlic inserted vaginally. Change the clove out every ~12 hours and it'll clear up any vaginal infection (yeast or bacterial) within two days, in my experience. It's a really common remedy in the natural birth community for both yeast and Group B Strep.

OTC yeast cream is safe for pregnancy, but I've have the most luck, with a peeled clove of fresh (preferably organic) garlic inserted vaginally. Change the clove out every ~12 hours and it'll clear up any vaginal infection (yeast or bacterial) within two days, in my experience. It's a really common remedy in the natural birth community for both yeast and Group B Strep.

:iagree: I've heard of this as well. When I was preggers with my first, my midwife had me make a mixture of vinegar and water (I can't recall the ratio) and use a peri bottle to "apply" it. It worked within 2 days as well and did bring almost instant relief.

If she wants a more natural approach...

- Cut out sugars and yeast products.

- Get some plain, organic yogurt (NO sugar added). She can add it into her diet and also use it topically.

- Liquid acidiphilous. It can be taking orally, used as a topical creme, and/or used internally (dip a tampon in it and insert).

- And ditto the garlic suggestion.

If she wants a more natural approach...

- Cut out sugars and yeast products.

- Get some plain, organic yogurt (NO sugar added). She can add it into her diet and also use it topically.

- Liquid acidiphilous. It can be taking orally, used as a topical creme, and/or used internally (dip a tampon in it and insert).

- And ditto the garlic suggestion.

LOL, garlic. That should scare away any draculas, hahaha!! What about regular acidophilus tablets taken orally?

The vinegar, would that be regular white vinegar?

Yes, you can do the acidiphilous capsules. I just mention the liquid because you can use it orally, topically, and vaginally.

If she doesn't find relief from natural remedies then her Dr. can Rx something. I had a client recently who tried everything and the only solution was a script.

(Sorry about the double-post.)